interested in Gmail ?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
/me needs one
i thought one can only get gmail if someone invite him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

nexro

Enlightened
For now yes.
I am still waiting for an invitation from a friend who already has an account /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Gmail account. I don't know what to do with it yet since I have 3 Yahoo emails, plus about a dozen from my web site and a mindspring one.

If anyone wants an invite PM me your First and Last name and your current email. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

P.S. The yahoo email addresses are great for spam. If a website or whatever wants an email address to enter and I don't need to see what they send, or it's just one of those one time emails to sign up I give them one of my Yahoo addresses. That way I can just check Yahoo after I sign up and then just delete everything else. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Yeah, now that yahoo is 100MB, I'd rather stick with that than have Gmail read all my mail to send me ads. I understand that yahoo's TOS prevents it from doing exactly the same thing as Gmail.

And there's also the migrating all your addresses to Gmail, too. I just sent my primary email account's owner, the one that I actually pay for, what they are going to do in this rapidly changing environment to compete with yahoo and Gmail. We'll see. May have to do some email address migrating.

daloosh

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't make much sense to me. My mail folder is 1.5G currently with all the attachments stripped off. I registered my own domain name and pay a place to host my web site and e-mail server and I create alis' each time I need a new address for anti-spam purposes. I got tired of checking my ISP mail, hotmail, yahoo, etc.

AZMAN

Newly Enlightened
all those people buying gmail............you can but 2Gigs of space from yahoo for $19.99 a year. Sounds like a better deal than gmail

""Mail Plus offers tougher virus and spam protection, a virtually unlimited 2GB of storage, no graphical ads, and more for only $19.99/year.""

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
It only let me do 3 invites this time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif It says check back later. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif I'll give them in the order that I got PM's.

So far I sent them to nexro, IlluminatingBikr, and PhotonBoy. The first 3 to PM me.

Next in line are:

bobisculous
clarky
Tater Rocket
glenthemole
kongfuchicken
bindibadgi
coby1man

In that order.

I don't know how many more invites they will give me (if any), but to those I gave invites to, I assume they will get to invite some people themselves so keep these members in consideration.

snake

Enlightened
I got 1 invitation left..
the 1st one PM me with your 1st, last name and email will have it..

tree
first I got 3 invitaion then 5 ... don't know how many will be next..

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll let someone else take that. I'm on Tree's list already. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks Tree /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

drchow

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested who's got invites left?, PM me and I'll get right back to you.

nexro

Enlightened
Thanks Tree, I got my gmail acct going.
But I haven't got the link to invite people yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Guess I have to wait before inviting anyone...