Porsche 917 ES

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

With the so17xa coming on the scene, the 1" bezels now have a great alternative to the optics and small incan based reflectors. I was given a great gift from a fellow Porsche lover some time ago and it has been patiently sitting in a drawer for the right time to be re worked in the shop. With the advent of the so17xa and some prototype ES parts not to mention a need to screw around and go for broke, I blew off what I should have been doing and had some fun....

Porsche-917.jpg

components.jpg

So no longer a SureFire Porsche E series, this light has a DB917 ES package in the front end and a McE2S two speed rear end.

Ironically, I have been meaning to make a similar head from scratch and incoporate the ES module, IMS reflector and a simple but pressure proof window seal and since the Porsche light had a lexan window that needed to go, I figured I'd try out my scheme on this head. Fortunatly, I was able to cheat failure on this one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

This light is really cool now and since it was a gift, it will remain safely stored in a drawer.

Really big Picture

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Wowww Don /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Finally you did it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Very nice, it's my dream, a porsche 917 from McGizmo, I have only a Porsche E2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Auction /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don,

Nice stuff as usual! No beam shots this time? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I like the added modularity the e-screw (is that right?) brings to the mix. If you wanted to run a 5W on a BB instead, just change out the module. Should make building the heads easier for you too.

Aloha

Brian

Kiessling

Flashaholic
This relfelctor is really a small revolution! Just the right not-too-tight perfect beam with a HD ... and in this classy light ... wow! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif
bernhard

P.S:: and please note ... I did not even ask to buy it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ...