Optimal body for PR-T DB917

lennonsbug

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased one of these complete heads from tylerdurden (cheers!).
Can some of you suggest an optimal powerpack/switch combo for this. I'm looking at an L1, E2 and the Mclux 3x123(2xAA). I already own an L4 and have been using it with that body/switch. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated by me and I'm sure others that will purchase and those that have purchased these.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
E2e or similar body for 2xCR123 and UHB for 3xCR123 or 2AA.
Completed with a two stage switch from Don this will be a real winner. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would get an e2e. You can sell the MN03 and head here on BST, and "soon" you will be able to upgrade the LOTC to Don's two-stage. The L1 will not work with this head, even if you bore out the L1 and remove the circuitry.

K-T

*Moderator*
The L4 and E2e bodies are identical except for the writing on the side - you might receive a twisting LOTC with the E2e while the L4 body comes with a Z57 clickie tailcap for sure.

So there isn't a real advantage of using the E2e body instead of the L4 body. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the two-stage upgrade for McGizmo will work. I just got my McE2S yesterday, and it is in the E2d tailcap.
It works great.

mut