SF E2 bezel-down clip

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

does any one have info regarding a bezel-down carry clip for the surefire E2?

it's been a while since i've visited this bulletin board. frankly the last time i inquired about this clip, i was so frustrated with surefire's lack of interest in "completing" their product that i just gave up on the idea.

can any one offer me any news?????

frustrated in seattle,

--brian

Size15's

Flashaholic
I know that SureFire are producing "executive" style pouches for the E Series.
I know that the new C, D & E Series & M2 PocketClips are excellent advances for these flashlights.

I do not know if the Bezel-down PocketClip is in the works.
Why don't you call SureFire (free) and speak to Paul Kim about it?

Al

pk

Photon King
brian,
I am sorry that I do not have any good news for your frustration.
Currently, I do not have a plan for implementing bezel down beltclip on my priority list.

Regards,
pk

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
brian, I understand the frustration. I do thing SureFire lights are the best in their niche but I agree, The smaller lights would be 2000% in my opinion with bezel down clips. When I say smaller lights, I mean the 9volt light such as Centerion all the way down to the E2. I do not think that a clip is appropriate for the E1, at least for my uses. I have purchased 8 Surefire lights and have been almost a walking billboard for their products. 5 years ago I was involved in a legal shooting in Indiana. 4 people on the other side are in Jail today as a result, a bezel down SureFire would have helped greatly. Unfortunatly some of the criminals will be getting out of jail soon. The sentences were 20, 10, 10, and 7 years but that is not how long they will serve. While I think SureFire has the best lights in their class, If someone came out with a light 1/2 as good and had a properly designed bezel down carry clip option, I would abandon SureFire in a second. Carry pouches are not an option for me and will not have them. One of my big complaints about the bezel up carry is the swithch, When I am in the office or in the car seat sometimes the switch comes into contact with the seat or a fold in my pants and drains the batteries. I might try and see if a true custom gunsmith had the skill to do a quality job towards a proper bezel down clip. I might be willing to pay 10 times the price of the light if it is a professionally done conversion.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I understand why you want such a clip. I use the LockOut TailCaps to avoid such accidental activations.

A suggestion for you:

PK has said that the M2 PocketClip interface was envisioned to have various things attached such as handlebar mount etc.

Why don't you call PK and ask if he can send you a bit of steel with the interface shape, no u-turn, just a straight bit of steel about 5-6" in length so you can make you own Bezel down clip...

How difficult would it be?

Al

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't like the idea of a lockout when I am carrying, I think with bezel down I will have no problem not engaging the switch like I sometimes do bezel up. I am a little biased about this and not wanting a the lockout engaged when carrying, I want it to be available quick and sure. I was involved in a shooting 5 years ago, this incident has really changed my thinking on things. I would be interested in knowing if the clip blanks could be had that are already shaped to fit the light. I would try and shape my own bezel down clip from this.