New L4 Body Design!

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone get an L4 recently? They have new rounded smooth flat portions (if that makes sense...) and different inscriptions. I can post a pic later if anyone's interested.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to see a pic if it's not too much trouble. Are the difference anything like the "old" vs. "new" M2 difference? Thanks

-Mike

C

Cosmic Superchunk

I bought an L4 about 3 weeks ago and it looks just like the one pictured on TAD's site except that mine has KL4 inscribed on the bezel along with the CE and FCC inscriptions and the Caution Hot Surface warning. If they've changed, I'd also like to see pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sf-l4.jpg

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a factory fresh L4 and it looks just like the Tad pic.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
MTFD17,
Are the milled flats not flat any more? Is there a crown or slight radius to them? Uh, I think we *are* interested in that pic! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, there is a slight round to the smooth part which is kind of hard to see in the pics. I dont know if I like the new body more or not...

JanCPF

Enlightened
Maybe that makes it easier to bore out the body to accept Pila 168A for longer runtime than with 168S. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
*OR* perhaps this has already been done for us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Could you try to meassure the inner diameter MTFD17?

Jan

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that's a sexy looking new design. Not sure it makes any rational sense for current L4 owners to run out and buy the new one, but then, we CPFers aren't entirely rational, eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ringleader

Newly Enlightened
Hello Glock, I have the flat-sided design which Fits so well in my hand I find it hard to beleive that "rounding" the flats results in any improvement of the Grip. "Long live the Flat-Sided Shape!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Richard...

glock_nor_cal

Enlightened
It just looks really cool. And i have a surefire sickness knowing that its "newer," not even necessarily "better," (obviously its identical funtionally) I'm going to want it. lol

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Hehe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Another marketing craftiness so that the collectors buy even more flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

I have an old L4 body, I don't want another one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

K-T

*Moderator*
Interesting - makes them appear very smooth.

Maybe making them that way saves time on the machine? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

akula88

Enlightened
It seemed that more area is smooth -- wider and longer. Personally, I think it destroys the old cosmetic symmetry look. The short clip is does not look compatible with the wide and long smooth side. On picture, I like the "old L4/E2e" style -- that is "on picture" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Latest posts