X4T and the search for quality dark

MY

Enlightened
A couple of weeks ago, I recieved my long awaited McLux PRT X4T while enroute to Europe. I have anxiously longed to "play" with this infamous light and see what all the fuss is about.

But now that I have the X4T, I am north of the arctic circle in Sweden and Finland and there is no dark, just 24 hours of light. About the only place that I can find that has any dark is in a bathroom full of Telephony's favorite objects. Obviously this location is not conducive when trying to appreciate my new instrument of light.

Oh well, I thought that I would share with others my woes in trying to find some dark, much less some quality dark.

How successful have others been in finding enough dark places to use your lights now that the solstice is before us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Regards.

StuU

Enlightened
MY- You might try climbing under a vehicle and shining your light upward into the engine compartment.

Maybe a little desperate but a valid use for a flashlight!

B@rt

Flashaholic
I don't know how far south you will be going, but here in the Netherlands sunset is around 10 PM these days... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I also have your X4T's big brother, an X4T on a BB1200 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Wanna play? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Easy - just wait 6 months and you have plenty of quality dark up there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Klaus

MY

Enlightened
StuU - All the vehicles here are small cars which I would find a difficult fit underneath.

Bart - I don't think that there is a place close by that our X4T cousins could find that has sufficient dark!

Klaus - In six months time, I will be in the Patagonia Andes and will have the same problem of finding quality dark again.

Jumi

Enlightened
Hi MY
Have you enjoyed your time in Finland?

Best and also only places to use flaslights in here is basements, parking garages and a smoke sauna /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
In smoke sauna the smoke during warming is very thik and so you can well see the beam pattern and only with very powerful and thight beam you can see the black wall.

Juha from southern Finland

MY

Enlightened
Jumi.

Finland has been very enjoyable. I am in Rovaniemi (where Santa Claus lives, or so they say) on the arctic circle. The Finish people have been extremely kind and warm. I was quite surprised that Fins tend to eat fish for every meal. Pickled herring for breakfast was a little too much for me! I am not sure what the locals here would think about going into a sauna without anything but my flashlight.

Regards.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
MY I have the best solution to your problem....just send it to cy and he can compare it to his X3T and when he is done he can tell you all about it.

Oh ya.... I might be able to help him out on the evaluation of the X4T. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

mut