quick surefire clickie question

dandruff

Enlightened
do u still retain the lock-out function? i would think it would be pretty easy to accidently activate a clicke switch

K-T

*Moderator*
I still lockout the Z57 clickie tailcap used on the L4 as I have found it to activate pretty easy inside your pocket which isn't the case with the L1/L2/A2 tailcaps (but then they aren't clickes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ). The tailcap used on the E2D doesn't need to be locked out as it has the very useful protective collar around the rubber shroud which keeps it from activating itself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always lock out my Z57 clickie whenever I know that I am not using the light. When I know that the light is going to be used frequently will I lock the clickie on stand-by.

K-T

*Moderator*
[ QUOTE ]
pjandyho said:
(...) lock the clickie on stand-by.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does that work? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just like the LOTC, turn it anti-clockwise to lock-out and turn it clockwise for standby. I don't mean standby like your remote controlled TV.

K-T

*Moderator*
Sorry for not understanding you but I either lockout the clickie or I screw it onto the battery tube tight and either use it in momentary mode by pressing light or constant-on by clicking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif