officers down...prayers needed

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I received a call today that 3 of my fellow officers were killed on duty in an unknown type incident.All 3 were shot and killed with all of them having families and many years with the dept.It is a sad day for the law enforcement community as 3 of my brothers are no longer with us.They all had families and I ask for you all to pray for their families as it is a horrible time for them all.I knew each of them well and I am still in a state of shock.
All were seasoned veterans and the situation is still unknown.If anything good can come from this I would hope that it is to send a message to all fellow officers out there that you can never be too careful.Keep your heads up and eyes open and I hope that all officers here get home safe every night......pray for the families....these great men will all be greatly missed and always remembered

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Prayers sent Robo, saw the sad news at CNN, looks like your department has arrested at least one suspect and have four others in custody.

My brother in law died in a line of duty accident almost a decade ago. It was an accident, but the pain and sadness in our family and in the department was truly terrible, so we feel for all of you down in Alabama.

daloosh

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
We certainly respect your request for prayers and you know they're coming that way! They are certainly heroes and will not be forgotten!

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Thank you all as I feel a deep loss today.I knew them all well with one of the officers having over 24 years with the force.They will be remembered as giving their all for a sometimes thankless job.It takes a special kind and I had the pleasure of knowing these officers for several years.Thank you all for the thoughts and to all my fellow officers here stay safe and I thank you all for your service.

bald1

Enlightened
Just read the news reports. This sucks. My step dad and an uncle were policemen, I'm retired military with a son on active duty.

These folks, their families, you and your community definately have my sincere sympathies and prayers.

_-Bob

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i nver have words at times like this but i have ya freinds in my thoughts and prayers

kubolaw

Enlightened
My thoughts go out to the fallen officers, their families, and their comrades.

And to all of you out there putting yourselves in harms way in the service of your fellow man, stay safe. (By the way, thank you all.)

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a former LEO & it pains me to learn of any officer hurt or killed anywhere even though I left the force many years ago.

Deepest condolences to these brave men's families.