Crate and Barell Light

Saaby

Flashaholic
Bored at work, I stumbled across this interesting light. How nifty is it? I'll let you know in a few days when it arrives at my door.

It's on clearance, so if you'd like one act now.

Linky

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Now look what you did, you cost me money...had to order these.
BigMagnutz_lg.jpg

unclearty

Enlightened
I just got one of the lights...very cool!!! It is very nice indeed!!! Not terribly bright, but the whole head pulls out and is twistable! Incredible for this kind of money!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
HA! I knew somebody would have one. Ok now I'm excited to get it...

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered two last night. I figured that being rechargeable, they would make a great travel light. Reading maps in the car, a reading light for anywhere, outhouse light (in case I'm somewhere with an outhouse) and general "I could use a little extra light here" light. I wonder what kind of runtime they have?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, I have $80 in the bank, so I'd better order up one of these and get it on my website. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(Edit, a couple of moments later)
OK, order placed. That is, if they'll accept my bank debit card. :/
If so, I'll have about $60 and change to play with.
That has to last me the rest of the month, so no more flashlights for me this June. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
I seem to have started a trend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Waiting for shipment...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Saaby, you're a "pusher"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(Hey buddy...wanna buy a flashlight? I can get you this one real cheap! Then they're hooked, digging into their wallets or kids piggy banks or even asking for handouts on the corner with a cardboard sign - "Will work for flashlights"!)

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Checked at the Crate & Barrell in Pasadena, CA. Didn't have one in the store. In fact, the 3 workers there I asked hadn't ever heard about it.

[Oops - read the ad again - they're rechargeable lithiums - cool]

Bob Snow

Newly Enlightened
I ordered two as well. I am hoping for very light weight with lithium battery. Looks very nice for carying in a briefcase. Lithium also has a low self discharge rate. I don't like to go out with disposable batteries, because I never know how much life is left and carrying spare batteries defeats the purpose of a small compact light. Not and option with keychain lights like the Photon's or the super bright lights like the XM-2 3Watt Luxeon.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was thru much of the online order process, but bailed out after seeing the $6 shipping & handling charge. Just can't stomach an S&H that's almost 50% of the items price. Hope I can find one in a store some day.

unclearty

Enlightened
This is an odd little light....I have now cycled mine twice...put it on a shelf in my bathrrom last night and turned it on at 9pm. It's not the brightest light I've owned, but it will definitely dimly light up a small room. My light quit somewhere around 2am. I don't think I've cycled the battery enough yet. I'd like to fully cycle it 5 or 6 times before I make any runtime judgement. NOTE: There IS a warning listed in the manual....they warn NOT to charge more than 8hrs.."severe damage will occur if overcharge".

marcspar

Enlightened
I just ordered a couple (plus some pillows for my wife!)

Thanks for the heads-up!

Marc

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
markdi said:
I wonder if there a circuit to protect the lithium battery from over discharging or charging ?

[/ QUOTE ]
If these are Li:ION cells, there's probably a circuit in there somewhere. Though the warning states not to leave the flashlight charging for more than 8 hours; so I wonder if there's also no circuitry to protect the battery from overdischarge too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
Guess I'll find out when I receive it.

Saaby

Flashaholic
unclearty, you don't have to cycle LiIon batteries--in fact it shortens (Although not severely) their life.