Being a flashaholic helpped me a get a job!

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a photography student, and had an interview to assist with a photographer. I went into his studio where he had dual G5's set up and a high end digital back for his medium format camera.
He reviewed my portfolio and liked it, and he showed me the type of work he did. He was shooting a Sam Brown (police belt) with all the gear plus a Streamlight scorpion.
He said ''This is some of the work I do, its for Quartermasters.'' I wish I could of got the shot before the damn flashlight busted'' I asked him what happened, he said an assistant dropped it. I then told him there is a spare bulb in the flashlight. I installed it and he got the shot he wanted. ''I also have a dozen of the flashlight batteries in my truck if you need it'' I added.

''Thanks, I am impressed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have one more person to interview but I will give you a call and let you know what happens''

I got the call today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Start in July shooting the Honda motorcycle catalog. Thanks CPF!

B@rt

Flashaholic
thumbsup.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
WoooHOO!!

NICE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Klaus

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
congratulations! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i got my job by being a flashaholic too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
No roth, you got your job because of your lathing skill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

maverick

Enlightened
Wow that sounds pretty cool.... but even though you have a job now, I'm sure you'll use more than your salary on lights!! hahaha

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations from a fellow photog /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
V8TOYTRUCK -

Man, that's good news. Darn nice of you to report it to the community the way you did.

Motorcycle photograpy eh? Now, how freakin' cool is that? Seriously. Please... When you get a chance, take a moment to tell us how freakin' cool that is.

I hope Shelby hears about all this.

aluminumovercast.jpg

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Cool V8! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The photographer does all types of product photography, but he told me it is so high tech at the Honda studio that they do alignment with lasers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Saaby, I think he had 1 G5 directly connected to the digital back of the camera, the other one I am guessing to serve as a back up.