O-Sink. The Hotlips Pedestal Redesign

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys Some time ago I needed some hotlips. There were NONE to be had. So I hunted around for a place to make me some copies of the Premium Hotlips that we all know and love. One thing led to another and I decided to have a few made. I did have a problem with Hotlips. I was bad at centering the emitter. I am Just bad at at.
I had a good 10% failure rate. I found it very frustrating. This required a slight redesign of the pedestal. So that is what I did. You see the result here:
lipscr.jpg

Guess what!! It works. It works perfectly!!
What do you think?
Yaesumofo

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Re: HotLips pedestal Redesign.

WHOA!!! Actually that is EXACTLY what Lambda made for me way back in the past, with a central oval-shaped depression to match the Luxeon slug's form perfectly. It just "pops" in, doesn't it? Excellent!

E-mail sent...

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Blind freddy will be able to align the slug to the pedestal now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Good idea.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

What a tremendous response I have had to thees!!! Wow thanks guys. I wonder if I should apply the same pedestal design to the "C" hotlip?
Any ideas?
Yaesumofo

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
O-sink shipping. + C Cell O-Sinks in works

In case you guys are wondering there is a "C" cell version of the O-Sink in the works. These will have the new and improved pedestal as well as a slightly larger counter bore allowing for the fitting of "e"cans and the like. I expect to have these in the second week of July. At first I will only be making O-Sinks for the "NEW" "C" cell bodies. I may do a run for the older bodies depending on demand.
Yaesumofo

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Re: O-sink shipping. + C Cell O-Sinks in works

On this O-sink, what would the relationship of the emitter leads be to the wire holes once the slug is fit into the depression? Just curious. Thanks!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm a beliver now. I've held a C cell mag. I'm going to use these for both my R/O and LuxIII setups now and only use the 3D for the tri-lens. They just fit in your hand and pocket so easily. They are a lot harder to turn on and signal, for somereason the switch depresses really deep and it's hard to hold and tap the switch with your middle/index fingers, but oh well!

Anyways though as my luck would run, my die in my emitter isn't centered, so I need to have adjustability. I just hope I can offset the luxeon in the right direction to center the die!!! Now that's hard! Gonna have to think this one out!

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
LEDmodMan said:
On this O-sink, what would the relationship of the emitter leads be to the wire holes once the slug is fit into the depression? Just curious. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

DSC00408.JPG

Hope this helps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Later
Sway

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

Beautiful. Just what I needed to see. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got them today - thanks, yaesumofo! They fit neatly into the 2D and 3D Mag bodies (1 of each, at the moment) that I have.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
DSpeck said:
I got them today - thanks, yaesumofo! They fit neatly into the 2D and 3D Mag bodies (1 of each, at the moment) that I have.

[/ QUOTE ]
Glad to hear it. Use them in good health.
Yaaesumofo