What about this

naromtap

Enlightened
Clare that was/is discussed in another thread somewhere tho for some reason I can't find it, I seem to recall that the general consensus was that it was overpriced tho I do recall it was selling for £500 before, as opposed to £350 now.

Clare

Newly Enlightened
That's interesting.
I sent an email regarding this torch and I managed to get the manufactures Phone number.
Because I live not to far away from where they are made the chap says he will come over and give me a personal demonstration.
They say they will give me a special offer and make me a special mount for me to fix the torch to my coach.

Ooh. Sounds interesting.
Maybe if I sleep with him I might get a FREE one. LOL.
Amazing what a woman can get if we flutter our eye lids .LOL

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hey Clare, so you'd just...fall asleep with him and you'd get a free one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like the little brother (or sister?) of the MaxaBeam. For that money, I would buy the Acro HID, the former McCullouch, which is rated for the same 3200 lumen and use a metal halide HID bulb (Philips D2S) instead of short arc HID bulb. Short arc bulbs lights up faster (no warm up time), but are less efficient and more expensive than metal halide HID bulbs.
In any case, a 35 W HID blows away 50 W spotlight... my 10 W UK light Cannon is of comparable intensity, with a much better beam, than my 50 W halogen spotlight.
Hope this helps

Anthony

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
This has been talked over here. It's basically stock HID guts in a Thor-copy body. If you want to roll your own you can do it a lot cheaper.