L2/L5?

HunterSon

Enlightened
I may have jumped the gun on this one, I thought the L2 has a KL4 bezel. Looks different, so would the combination fit and work and would it be terribly inefficient if it did?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I very much doubt the combination HunterSon mentions will work.

Also, the L2 does not have a KL4 bezel. The L2's bezel looks similar to the KL4 but is shorter.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The L1, A2 and now L2 tail caps are all the same and interchangeable among these three lights. They will NOT fit on any other battery tube. The L2 has its converters (2 of them) inside the battery compartment. If you can find a "smart" head that might make contacts when screwed onto the L2 you will have two different converters trying to run the LED. I suggest that a three legged potato sack race with two people who hate eachother's guts might be more efficient. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

The L2's head is a "dumb" head and aside from running it on the L2, the only other host that would make any sense would be to DD it on an E2(e) where you will have a low and cool running beam of light; dependent on the Vf of the specific LED.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
With appropriate contacts, a 5W would be fine since you are effectively only changing one dumb 5W for another. The boost circuits in the L2 would fry a Lux III in no time!

Because of this, in the "L3" that I converted one L2 into, the now 3x123 can host either a Lux III DB (buck driver) head or a 5W DB head. I also feel that the resistor that is in the tail switch is best suited for dropping a buck circuit out of regulation as compared to throwing a curve at a boost circuit. Even though the L2 has a constant current driver for both levels, you still have the voltage drop and waste of power in the tail switch. I'm not sure I have explained this well and it may have to do with my weak grasp of the electronics involved coupled witha few other possible shortcomings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif