Bad news for flashaholics

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was reading the news and came across this;The contractor and former Army special operations soldier, 38-year-old David A. Passaro of Lillington, was charged Thursday with two counts each of assault and assault with a dangerous weapon - a flashlight. Any bets a m@glite was involved? BTW the prisoner died from a heart attack NOT from the "interrogation session" Glad they made that point clear! Be very glad that didn't occur in the states it could set a very nasty precedent for the courts to follow up on ;say licencing of all club like flashlights, registration of all flashlights, an assault light ban, no homebuilt flashlights, eye protection required when a light is in operation,a requirement that the batteries be kept separate from the light, childproof switches. See what I mean? Politicans will jump on the band wagon in a New York second, "we are protecting our voter base" will be their battle cry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/knight.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
As of right now, are there any laws about shining bright lights? I know you can shine lasers around, but what about LEDs and incandescents?

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe there are regulations concerning the use and possesion of lasers out side your home or workplace and yes there are laws on shining bright lights towards vehicles on a right of way and I imagine also for using them in a darkened theater. Most laws concerning lights are common sense laws for the village idiots among us.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Late last summer, in a darkened theatre, we were ENCOURAGED to use our flashlights...
...of course, I pulled out a Positron Laser - easily the brightest flashlight in the entire theatre. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
This was during a live performance of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, and you're supposed to use a flashlight when the song "A Light Over Frankenstein's Castle" is played...so I didn't get in trouble for it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Here in the Peoples Republik, it is a crime to shine a laser on somebody- they might be intimidated. Around 15 years ago an idiot in LA shined one on a police helicopter and managed to get busted. (I was aquainted with said idiot through ham radio.)

Larry

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
We need to bad those evil flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh no I bought one of those scary box cutters at the home depot the other day, why are those still legal?