Legend LX mod

GutHook

Newly Enlightened
Okay, so I was at wally world and picked up a Legend LX today. Seems like a decent light. My question is this. Who can "guide" me to mod this thing. Luxeon Cyan LED, I saw it done on a search (google) but directions are not real concise.
I carry my E2E everyday, and may carry the Legend instead. Thanks in advance

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I've never EVER heard anyone with an E2 say they'd carry anything like an LX in it's place!

I think anyone else who answers this will start talking about KL this or that, or PR this or that...

I can't help you, SORRY!

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
GutHook said:
Okay, so I was at wally world and picked up a Legend LX today. Seems like a decent light. My question is this. Who can "guide" me to mod this thing. Luxeon Cyan LED, I saw it done on a search (google) but directions are not real concise.
I carry my E2E everyday, and may carry the Legend instead. Thanks in advance

[/ QUOTE ]

i have(or should i say my brother has it now) a modded brinkmann lx. it's modded with a cyan luxeon high dome and 30mm optics. check my profile for a link to my webshots homepage where you can find pics. i can also take more "up-close" pics of it if you really need to see it.

GutHook

Newly Enlightened
I did not mean that I would give up my SF e2e. I just meant that while at work, I may consider carrying a little cheaper light. I tend to get things covered in paint, paint sludge, caustic solutions to de-tack paint, and all kinds of other nasty stuff. I will still carry my SF while not at work.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
GutHook,

Incase you missed it you can mod the Legend LX to use Surefire P60/P61 lamps.

Here's a link to a thread where it's talked about.

Here's a link to Quickbeams instructions on how to do the mod.

I think Quickbeams instructions are for the older model with adjustable focus. The thread has instructions for the newer model with fixed focus.

Latest posts