Votrex KC1 vs Arc 4 which is brighter??

lhivernant

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like horse poop to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/knight.gif. On the Vortex Vision web site Aten links to they don't list the cr2 powered KC1, but they do list the 123 powered TC1. Their own spec sheet lists that as putting out 25 lumens for 2 hours. Roy and The LEDMuseum both showed that light with about an hour and 45 minutes run time in their tests.

When it really started to smell is when I pulled up the Energizer technical data on the cells. A 123 has 1500 mAh and a cr2 has 800 mAh capacity. Which means they are getting twice the output on half the battery with the same run time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif.

The Arc 4+ is only able to hold it's honest 33 lumens for about 25 minutes or so before the 123 can't supply enough current to maintain it.

The thought only occurs to me now, after reading what I just wrote, that it's probably just a typo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I'm willing to bet a used SF 123 cell that the numbers just were transposed, 52 when it should have been 25. That is merely unlikely instead of darned near impossible.

Joel

Aten_Imago

Banned
OK
I see Vortex Vision pulled the specs of the KC-1 off thier website (Vortexvision.us) so now I'm going to eliminate the 'stated' output from our evaluations page. For what it's worth, it's nearly as bright as a Longbow Micra (w/stock Carclo 6º optic) but only puts out maximum brightness for 45 minutes before falling down and dimming to about 1/3 brightness for another 20 minutes. It's a budget 1W/CR-2 .