Who here does _not_ EDC a light?

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious, everyone talks about what they EDC. Who doesn't carry a light with them whereever they go? I don't, I just carry when I figure I might need one. Depending on the requirement it's either an SL Scorp in a holster or a 6D Mag in the car.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tsk, tsk. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I normally carry three lights with me. Most people have at least one light on their keychain.

paulr

Flashaholic
I don't have one on me right now. When I go out of the house, I have a Photon II on my keys, but right now the keys are on a shelf near the door, about 10 feet from the computer. That actually gets inconvenient now and then. I sometimes put a second coin light on my belt loop so that I always have it whenever I'm dressed, but occasionally I want a light on the way out of the shower and don't have it. I wish more wristwatches would be made with built-in LED lights, since I wear my watch almost all the time. But the only watches I know of with lights are clunky and expensive, so I've chosen to pass them up.

vtunderground

Enlightened
Nope, I don't EDC either. If I think there's any chance of needing a light I'll bring my UK 4AA eLED or 2D Maglite, but I rarely ever need a flashlight unexpectedly.

OddOne

Enlightened
I EDC a CMG Infinity Ultra for work, but don't generally carry lights outside of work.

oO

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm surprised no one has made a poll on this (I can't get the search engine to work for complex queries so I haven't looked for one). I suggest someone make one up asking how many flashlights the respondants carry EDC. This should include anything that makes light (excluding cell phones, light up sneakers, and light-up watches as these have other purposes), e.g. swiss army knives/flashlights, key carabinier/flashlights, et al.

I'd do it except I haven't done one ever, and it's getting late /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

BTW: I usually carry 2 - Countycomm $1. on keychain and some 1xAAA (Arc/Dorcy/Sonic) looped to belt and hanging inside pants (no wear & tear). Unless of course, I think I'm going to need one...

Another poll would be the total cost (probably replacement cost, no shipping) of the EDCs respondants carry. Mine goes from $8 to $30, depending.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
ah ... a thread of coming-outs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
who else is trange around here ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bernhard

simbad

Enlightened
If you see below those two lights are with me all the time, in keychain and pocket, I leave the lights at home only when Im going to the beach... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I first started spending too much time around here I didn't. I didn't have an EDC even after I had purchased my first $100 flashlight mod from our very own Mr Bulk (that light is still the brightest that I own /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Fantastic work) shortly thereafter I broke down and got myself an Arc AAA. Since it's on my keys it was my first EDC. Then a year later I got myself an ArcLS. It doesn't hang from my keychain so I have to actually remember to clip it to a belt loop or put it in my pocket, but I almost always do that now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif There are also various county comm lights scattered throughout my person and car and house...

Once you get used to throwing the light into your pocket at the same time you do your wallet in the morning, it won't seem such a strange thing to do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

amlim

Enlightened
I carry a Photon 3 with me when I am out of the house. But when I go out at night, i either bring my SL Scorpion or PM6 LED in my waist pouch.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
I walk with my bag every day almost everywhere I go. I keep an Opalec moded mini mag in there incase electricity goes out. If I leave the house without my bag, most likely the flashlight stays there. Guess it is not EDC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Why in the world would one NOT carry a light? They are so small and cheap that you can throw one in your pocket with your change and keys and never notice it. If it's lost, another $10 and you're back in business.

I carried a ligter for years, till I quit smoking. Does that count as EDC ?

Daniel

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
I ALWAYS carry a light. Actually, I carry...Ermh... 4 lights on a daily basis. Wait...5.
One Inova X5T, one Inova X1, one Elektrolumens XM2, one Photon II and one Princeton Tec Pulsar. Never leave home without em /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry 2 photons, 1 arc AAA, 1 E2e and 1 PR-T E1e in my pockets whenever I am dressed, I think the only place I don't EDC is while taking a shower...Ohh! The shame! I feel so embarrased! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Guess I am not such a flashaholic afterall... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, I did take my EL Ergo to the shower one time and turned off the bathroom lights. Cool experience!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm another one, I don't EDC when I'm.... asleep. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Though it has been suggested to me that a light might be useful in case you are spending the night somewhere unfamiliar (hotel, friend's place, on the road etc.) and the unexpected happens. Perhaps a lanyard with a Photon on it, so you can find your bigger and brighter light?

Maybe we should call it Every Night Carry (ENC) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (lights see more use at night than during the day)

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got up a little while ago, I'm sitting at the kitchen table sipping some coffee. I'm wearing the T-Shirt I slept in and the shorts I pulled on over my boxers. However, since it's lightening like crazy here at the moment, even though it's before 9 in the morning my ArcLS is in my pocket /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wrangler

Enlightened
When I wear pants with a belt on I carry my Lenser v2.
It has a good white and bright light for my needs (at least
for the first 10 minutes)and offers a usable light for more than 20 hours.
When I know I might need more throw I carry my Peli PM6.
When my ordered Longbow Micra arrives it will surely get the job as my EDC-light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
(Of course I know some people not EDCing a light!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Cheers,
Wolfgang /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
OK, I don't sleep with a lite in my pajamas (no pockets) or around my neck (afraid of strangling myself in my sleep). But as my wife notices, there are lights strategically strewn all over our place.

From the nightstand to the floor by the bed to the dresser to the front door to the computer, to the closet to the bathroom. Wait a sec, there's no flashlight in the kitchen! (Hmm. Note to self, rectify that when I get home, imagine that, fire extinguisher, but no light!)

But since my keys go where I go, my worn black Arc AAA goes all over the place.

daloosh

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Blasphemy! Not carry a light...

It is better to have and not need, then to need and not have. Nuff Said!

I don't have a light in the shower (but one hangs next to the towel) nor when in bed (though the Headboard, Nightstand, Shelf, Chest of Drawers etc. are LITTERED with lights!).

When in undies and a T at home, when sitting on couch, light is just to my right. When at 'puter, just to the right and left. Also have a light just inside the front door, one in the kitchen, a couple in the garage...

And if I have jeans on (99% of the time when dressed) my ARC AAA and SL TT2L go with me, even sitting around the house.

Not carry any light? Pure craziness!