Best flashlight that looks like a lightsabre?

oldtimer

Enlightened
Well I got to admit that I'm a quite excited towards the fact that I may relive my childhood dreams after finding this site. I have no idea what a "real" one looks like but I'm sure that some of you had ponder upon the topic. Any help? Thx.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about this one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

29872814.jpg

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Kiessling said:
ooohhh ... what's this?
bernhard

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a Nuwai 1W Luxeon running on 2xAA with an optic at the front. Gives a very nice & bright even square beam. You vant? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

square.jpg

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
nikon said:
It also comes in a Derringer model for concealment when you're working as an undercover Jedi. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

nuwai1.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, that would be the one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

29872813.jpg

medium.jpg

maverick

Enlightened
Ohhhh... and you better bring along that "official" Jedi spares carrier! Imagine running out of 123A's whilst fighting Darth Vader!

oldtimer

Enlightened
Ahh thanks guys. I believe that Radioshack had one that looked similar to that. Is it the same on? Where can I get that?

Saaby

Flashaholic
The original steel Eveready metal flashlights are great too if you can find one.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
b2p:

Thanks for posting - I thought I was the only one who wanted a flashlight that looks like a light sabre!
The photo posted by flashlight is probably the about as close as you will find, short of having a custom one designed.
(let me know if you find a place to actally buy it)

I have recently considered having something custom designed and built - but I figured for just one unit, the cost would be prohibitive. If you are REALLY interested, PM me, and perhaps we can work together.

Hellz

Newly Enlightened
Was looking at the nuwai range and spotted this one. Looks a bit lightsabery to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rl_606.gif

It's the Nuwai RL 606. Anyone got a model for the version mentioned above, I can't see it listed on their site...

Hellz

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
The concealed-carry Light Sabre is not for extended use as it has almost no heatsinking to speak of for the Luxeon Star.

On the other hand, SF M6 with KL6 makes a good life-size Light Sabre.

naromtap

Enlightened
No, sorry, I have a light sabre that looks a little like a flashlight when shined on the wall ..... reminds me of a Mag!
P1010065.jpg

P1010062.jpg

LOL - sorry could'nt resist!

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to ask about the products you linked to above is that light that comes out the the saber truly light, like you could wave your hand through it or is it just an tube that extends?

C

Cosmic Superchunk

[ QUOTE ]
thesurefire said:
I have to ask about the products you linked to above is that light that comes out the the saber truly light, like you could wave your hand through it or is it just an tube that extends?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually an electroluminecent lamp housed in a polycarbonite tube. The tubes (blades) are available in green, blue, yellow, orange and a reddish pink and they are removable. The FAQ section of the site says they light up in the same way that Timex Indiglo watches do.
http://www.buystarwarsstuff.com/faq.shtml

Here are pics of one model with the EL tube detached:
4.jpg

And a close up pic of another model:
6.jpg

Here's a pic of one with the green EL tube in place:
3.jpg

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlight

Is that first one you posted actually available? Or did you make the front end of it special?

I would love one of those, if it wasn't too expensive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif