does anyone make a single AA Luxeon Star?

BillRoberts

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a single AA Luxeon star flashlight. Does anyone commerically manufacture one?

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
TnC made 50 and they are going to make more. Here's a link to the thread where it's talked about.

Here's a link to the presale. The first 50 are sold out.

cy

Flashaholic
Arc LS with single AA twisty. 1X AA twisty packs are hard to find.

I have a first run #22 mated to 1X twisty AA pack. It's a beautiful light. The first runs came with 3 twisty packs (1X AA, 2XAA & 1x 123)

What a timeless design!

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cy said:
Arc LS with single AA twisty. 1X AA twisty packs are hard to find.

I have a first run #22 mated to 1X twisty AA pack. It's a beautiful light. The first runs came with 3 twisty packs (1X AA, 2XAA & 1x 123)

What a timeless design!

[/ QUOTE ]

Fully agee. I have one modded by Jets22 paired with a 2AA body - currently one of my favorites /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

29958179.jpg

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too would love a Luxeon running on a single AA battery - with BOTH good brightness and good runtime.

Unfortunately to my knowledge at the current state of LED technology one can have one or the other, but probably not both.

A single AA just does not seem to have enough to drive a bright LED at current LED technology -

I think a single CR123A may be better suited to get both respectable brightness and respectable runtime.

Of course I'd be really happy to hear otherwise.....
then there'd probably then be the problem of price -
like people say - you can have 2 out of 3 -
brightness, runtime, price -
with a single AA - probably one can't even make 2 out of 3 - for now.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
The best 1xAA luxeon light I have is my modded Arc-AA light, modified by LED_ASAP. It's kick-*** bright, with great runtime and an awesome flood for room filling light.

Single-Cell.jpg

I'm not sure why the colors on the legend are not rendering properly to the graph colors. The runtime plot at the top is for the modded Arc-AA. It's the brightest and longest running in this test group.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
There´s a AA LS coming up from TnC which looks promising, and one is announced using a new converter from ARCMANIA which is supposed to drive the LED at 600ma from 1AA - this is all covered in variuos threads from Chris from TnC in the last couple of weeks, you might want to check those out.

Klaus

Ocelot

Newly Enlightened
Driving a Luxeon at 600mA from one AA? I don't think so...

Let's see: 3.6V * 0.6A = 2.16W

Assuming that the drive resistance is low enough coming out of the AA cell that the output voltage only drops by 0.2V (highly unlikely), then we have the AA current being 2.16/1.3V = 1.66A.

I can see perhaps pulling something like that out of a NiMH, but not an alkaline...

Scott

Latest posts