Still stuck on finding 2 AA Luxeons lights

Gman

Enlightened
Awhile back I posted how I was looking for 2 AA Luxeons to give as gifts on an upcoming trip to Ukraine. The Streamlight Jr. would have filled the bill but it's still not released. I see Nauwi has a 2 AA light (the one with optics) but I can't seem to find a US distributor for it. Any other suggestions? It's gotta be 2 AA as 123s are not easy or cheap to come by over there. (I want to avoid 3 AA if I can help it due to the length).

I may be forced to go with Minimags and Terralux setups. The little mags would be a hit (especially if they're the flaglite model) but I'd still like something a little more high tech, reliable, and not overly expensive. Gotta make a move soon, I'm leaving in 10 days. Am I stuck with the mags?

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne J (Electro Lumins) is working on a 3W LS 2AA that looks hidiously cool, but it's sill months away.

In case you haven't seen the thread, its subject is "3W, regulated 2AA Flashlight, (XM-3)".

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, nexro..
I just ordered one of those..and email order confirmation came right away.
-So we'll see what happens.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

rocketmaninphx

Newly Enlightened
Lambda (Kevin) has put out Lambda Illuminators in the 2AA format. 1W LD, 1W HD and 3W LuxIII.

I have all three versions....

Gman

Enlightened
Thanks guys. I placed an order with SWPS two months ago and they keep teling me they'll ship in 1 to 2 weeks. Been telling me that for two months now. I'm not holding much hope for them.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
The minimags with sandwiches from the sandwich shop make great gifts. I've given several and all are charished.

A purple minimag for my niece and a pewter one for my brother. Works great and looks good.

Daniel

Gman

Enlightened
Stainless, you da man! You just won yourself a free nights use of my pristine 1981 DMC 12 for your next dinner date /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thats quite a review of the L2A too. 52 Lumens? Where can I get one, I see there is no US distributor. Bummer. It's a tad spendy for my purposes but it would do the trick. Also anyone have a review of the D1-2AA?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
I just did a web search and came up with THIS and THIS, both 2AA lights but not sure what the asking prices are as this is the actual factory's internet site. But going by country of origin they can't be asking that much, plus I've seen some of their other lights on e-bay going for very reasonable figures. These are "NEW!" according to their WEB PAGE.

HTH.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or, easier still, is to get an Everled at www.ledsupply.com and put in any 2x AA flashlight that takes a pr bulb.
I have had super service with them so far. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
I still like my Everleds. They work fine in my Garrity glow in the dark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif 99 cent 2 AA flashlights.
Also try www.goldengadgets.com and maybe take along a bunch of extra cr123 batteries from www.batterystation.com as an alternative?
Good luck on your search.

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
A really nice but pricey 2AA Luxeon flashlight is the LongBow ECO with twisty tailcap.

or the LongBow ECO with clicky tailcap.

LongBows flashlights are waterproof and shockproof and have a lifetime warranty.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Gman said:
Stainless, you da man! You just won yourself a free nights use of my pristine 1981 DMC 12 for your next dinner date /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Gman! The next time that I am 3,000 miles from home on a dinner date, I wll take you up on that offer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Meanwhile, if it is Luxeons that you seek, check out this thread. In particular, check out Underwater Kinetics UK4AA eLED - the only "plastic" flashlight to get a five star rating from one of our illustrious reviewers!!

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure if they're still in production, but the old CMG (now Gerber) used to have the 2AA Reactor. Maybe some dealers might still have some old stock? They're not the best, but they still fit the bill.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I was going to suggest the 2xAA Reactor, but I see I got beaten to it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Note: This flashlight (the 2xAA model only) works best with lithium cells (Energizer L91 for example), but will work with alkaline cells if necessary.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know, the Reactors are pretty cheesy. I wouldn't expect them to hold up very well.

-john

capnal

Enlightened
Have you looked into the Streamlight 2AA Junior with the 1 watt Luxeon, due out this summer?

Check out Brite Guy's website, or the Streamlight website.

grayman4hire

Newly Enlightened
Brightguy is now shipping the Streamlight 2AA Junior LED. Mine is expect to arrive Monday. Too bad I will be leaving for vacation on Friday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif