Looking for impressions of ThinkFree Office Suite.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone use it?
How compatible is it?
Any major features missing or lacking?

metalhed

Enlightened
Re: Looking for impressions of ThinkFree Office Su

I use the current version of OpenOffice. I believe it does everything that ThinkFree does...but it's free! Open-source of course. If you like it after using it, just send a donation in. Screw Micro$oft and Mr. Gates.

was_jlh

Enlightened

Not what you asked for, GJW, but another vote for OpenOffice. Excellent set of progs.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks all,
Does anyone know if OpenOffice has an available add-in (a la Word) that can create docs for Microsoft Reader?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was very impressed with Think Free office. I don't do a lot of work with office, but to work with and return a couple of word documents it worked great. I never used it beyond the demo period though, I just don't have the need for MS products /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm in that happy place where I don't work with other people who have had their technology choices dictated to them by a corporate IT department /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have also used Open Office. A year or so ago I couldn't get the darn thing to even install, but it has come a long way since then and is a very good piece of software now. Definitely worth exploring and experimenting with before you fork over the HUGH fee for the MS Office suite.