some photos

neo_xeno

Newly Enlightened
I just got a digital rebel last week and here some of the shots i've taken so far. Still learning the camera but i love it so far.

Photos

LukeK

Enlightened
You've taken some nice shots there neo. I've been wanting a digital rebel for quite some time as well. By the way, Newegg has the Digital Rebel + lens for about 900. A fair price for what you get, or at least I think so!

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't mind one, except that you can't lock the mirror up, and I want to use it for astrophotos. The mirror flicking up and down makes the scope wobble, and then the shot is kind of fuzzy.

Pity, the EOS 10D has the lockup feature, but way out of my price range.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will find that the choice of lens will make a big difference in the Rebel's picture quality. The kit lens is "OK" but you really want to keep the aperture around f8 or above to get the most out of it. I bought a nice third party Tamron 28-75 lens for it thus far but my dream Canon "L" lenses are out of my budget right now.

bindibadgi, there is "hacked" firmware out on the net that will allow mirror lockup for the Rebel but I haven't quite had the guts to try it yet even though I've read it's easy enough to re-install the Canon original firmware.

neo_xeno

Newly Enlightened
yeah, i'm still deciding if i wanna use the hacked firmware too. I got a package deal from 47stphoto.com and it came with two sigma lens. many people don't like the rebel cuz it don't have as many shooting options, but i just either use full auto or full manual, nothing really inbetween. yeah, i too dream of an L lense but i'd have to sell everything i own just to afford one.

yclo

Flashaholic*
Ditto about the hacked frmware, but there is a trick that is similar to mirror lockout.

For long exposures, use a black piece of cardboard (or dark coloured thing) to cover the lens while you press the shutter. Wait until the camera stops vibrating from the mirrow slap, then quickly move the black cardboard out of the way.

-YC