Father's Day Flashlights

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Father\'s Day Flashlights

Two weeks ago I went to the local Radio Shack to see if they had the advertised $10 special: a Coleman 1MCP lantern - they did. I didn't buy it because my wife got me a 2MCP lantern, with a larger reflector, for Christmas...did I really need another one? After thinking about it for a few days I regained my proper CPF perspective - OF COURSE I NEEDED it - and I needed it NOW. When I returned to the store they were sold out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Darn, this would have been a good light for the trunk, or for the kids, or for when two large lanterns are needed...why oh why didn't I snap it up for only $10? Whatadummy!

Guess what showed up at my flashaholic facilitating Mother's apartment...the Coleman lantern. She was in cahoots with the store's owner and he told her I was looking at it but didn't want to spend the $$.

The store's owner is not quite a full blown flashaholic, but close. He carries the Inova line which is pretty exotic for our town of only 12k population. Unfortunately after 17 years of business, he's closing his doors. So many people are out of work that our downtown is dying. It's really sad as I've done business with him all that time and he is a great guy. The upside is that prices are marked down and will go further. If his last Inova X5 is the right price, maybe I'll spring $20 for it, but I doubt that will happen. He has one for himself and will likely keep the other if he can't get at least $35 for it.

My crazy, loving, mother also got a cap from the Vermont Country Store for me. It has a small, 1" dia. light in the front of a baseball cap. The T-1 halogen lamp takes two AAA cells and is built into the cap, so it's flush with the front. More of a novelty than useful. Maybe weating the cap will help me to appear brighter than I really am.

Latest posts