L4 belt clip - removable ?

HgRyu

Enlightened
I've seen that L4 clip is removable. But I can't remove clip from body. Is it removable ? How can you remove ?
Thanks.

K-T

*Moderator*
Unscrew the bezel, remove the o-ring, now either the little plastic spacer dropps out by itself or it moves out with the clip. Try to push the clip towards the bezelend, you might need to use a screwdriver or anything else to get it moving. Some clips are very tight, others can be removed very easily.

What you need to do is first remove the bezel and O-ring. Then lightly tap the bottom of the clip until it (and the plastic spacer) are popped up and out of the body. I use the edge of my plastic card table and simply set the bottom edge of the clip against the top of the table. Then I tap lightly on the bezel end of the body until both pieces pop out. No damage, no problems. Just use something (like the plastic table) that won't damage the light. I don't give a damn about the table. The light's all that matters! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

glock_nor_cal

Enlightened
i stuck my leatherman behind the top of it and put pressure and it, then its flew across the room, cnat find a better method

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
As others have said, remove o-ring, then I slipped a card in btwn the clip and body to minimise scratches when removing clip.

Then with the body facing up, rest the clip on a hard surface (like a workbench) and tap down slowly on the body (unscrewed bezel end), it should slip out eventually. However some might be very tight though, and be careful cos there's also a small 'T' shaped piece of plastic thats supposed to wedge the clip tightly in place. Don't lose that if you want to put it back eventually.

juancho

Enlightened
All the above methods are good, as a fisherman I use the hook removal method.
I put masking tape in the parts that could be scratched, them I loop a medium heavy string thru the clip, before given the "yank" put the light in a plastic bag so the clip and the plastic gizmo stay with you inside the bag.

Juan C.

maverick

Enlightened
I found that spraying the joint area with a little bit of WD-40 and letting it soak for a few minutes makes it much easier. So I think the best thing to do would be to use WD-40 along with one of the above methods. Goodluck!

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
i asked this question a few weeks ago when i first got my L4
how i did it was
Remove head, batteries and O ring from head end
then pushed the clip out with a steel bar that fitted through the little bit where the clip is folded back toward the tail of the light