Surefire SC1 & SC2

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have any surefire flashlights but I really like the form factor of these carriers. Which one is the most compact since I don't really need the space for the lamp assembly. Could an extra 123 fit in the space for the lamp assembly?

K-T

*Moderator*
The most compact one is the SC3 but it only has room for four 123A cells, nevertheless that carrier is tiny.

You won't be able to fit another cell where the spare LA is supposed to go - maybe if you remove the plastic spacer that holds the LA another one might fit but I doubt it.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
K-Ts right, the SC3 is the most compact, yet still tough. Also, the MN0x is a small lamp, so the clever holder is small, and you don't waste much space if you don't use it. On the flip side, you definitely cannot get another 123 in there, even if you got the holder out, which is molded into the body. The space is only about the diameter of a pencil.

Now, if you took the lamp holder out of the SC1, there would be space for a seventh 123, but the molded lamp holder also keeps the 123s from rolling about, so your new problems would be 1) if not full, the batts might not stay in place and 2) the middle of the carrier is taller to accept the lamp, and your 7th batt would rattle, if you didn't line it with foam or something. Finally, the plastic is pretty hard, and something might crack if you try to drill out the lamp assembly holder.

cheers
daloosh

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Glad to help out. I have several SC3s scattered about, where I want more than the one cell in a pill fob, or two cells in an Advantix can or match case. Of course, the SC3 is tougher than the other carriers and seriously waterproof, too. I've got great service and prices in the past on Surefire accessories like lamps and carriers from William at Texas Tactical, give him a ring.

daloosh

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way, can anybody give me some info on which internet retailers will accept my business? I live in the Philippines and all of the retailers I've visited either don't accept international orders or they won't ship outside the US. I can only use credit cards because paypal is not available here.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The SC's each have an o-ring and the ones (SC1 and SC2) I've taken underwater (diving pit of a swimming pool) have not leaked.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMO having spare batteries and not carrying a spare bulb when there is a specific safe place for one is asking for murphy to rise up and show you the laws of chance and probability.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
I'd guess that Billson, since he doesn't have any Surefires, probably wants the 123s for an LED light and not an incan, for which one should have a spare lamp assembly. (Just fried an MN01 by not using brain and dropping it into an E2e. Damn, that was dumb.)

daloosh

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Daloosh is correct. Presently, all my lights are led so I have no use for the spare lamp space.

I've been checking SureFire's website and if I'm reading it correctly, they now accept international orders. I'm gonna try to place an order and see what happens.

Thanks.