Quick Longbow question

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am thinking about getting a longbow Micra and i have a quick question
is there another lens covering the optic to prevent the optic from becoming scratched ? or is the optic left uncovered
i dont really want the optic to get scratched as it will probably be hard to replace
Thanks in advance for your help

luxlover

Banned
The optic of the Micra is made of acrylic plastic that is sealed on all sides. It must be handled gently, because it is so easy to scratch. Even the front of it where the lights passes through can scratch. Don't worry about it though. Longbow or your dealer, will send you a new optic if the stock one is scratched, has a hazy surface, or doesn't properly sit in it's groove leading to a centering problem of the beam. Try not to handle the optic, but if you must, use something very soft and free of lint.

I highly recommend that you get a Micra. The finish and type of switching tailcap is your call. I also recommend that you buy an SO17XA reflector for a great improvment in light quality, and a 22.8mm UCL glass lens for better light transmission from here... http://www.flashlightlens.com/products.htm

Let us know how it works out!

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Yes there is a lens protecting the optic but in my opinion it sucks. I wiped it with my shirt and it scratched very easily. The first thing I did to mine was replace it with a 22.5mm mineral glass from the Shoppe. Also the optic is not that hard to find. It's the same optic as a Carclo 6deg.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

I look forward to getting a Micra soon. I've got a Mini and like it alot. The lens and optic are prone to get scratched so I use a Scotchbrite microfibre cloth to clean it gently. The tought part was removing the bezel. It was on really tight and I had to use a strap wrench to unscrew it.