rofl damn my cpu was hotttttttttttt

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well my cpu should run at 1740 mhz well im a overclcok freak so i run it at 2350 mhz equal faster then a amd xp 3200( note amd rates there cpu,s for instance even though they call it a amd xp 3200 it runs at 2200 mhz)well in winter my house is like 40 f very cold so i can run cpu fast well i fprget lol so today i look at cpu and it was 100 c rofl thats like 240 f i had to to reduce cpu to amd xp 3000 speeds its time for me to build my next pc this one has been rock stable 24/7 no crashes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you shoud try to disapate the heat some how
maybe you could build a liquid cooling system for it

some copper tubing a little 12v pump and a small oil cooler
from a car and a fan a 50 50 mix of antifreeze and distilled watter to prevent corrosion.
sounds like fun

I do not think my motherboard will let me overclock
my 2.4 p4

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeah i need water cooling but this cpu is so old if it dies i wont be to sad ya cant even get a amd xp 2100 no more.

jtice

Flashaholic
Actually,
From what I have learned....
I am gathering parts , for a HUGE computer. 20" Cuded, 9 120mm fans, 12 drives, blah blah blah, you get the idea.

Heatpipe heatsinks are actually the best.
This is said to be the best, from all the reviews, it beats most all water colling systems.

web page

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The vapor cooling is very nice, but very expensive. It basically works the same was as your freezer cooler does. It can reduce your CPU temps to well below freezing. Not as radical as liquid nitrogen, but it's for everyday use, not just a couple benchmark runs. Unfortunately the prices start at about a thousand dollars, and that is just for the CPU, it doesn't do anything for the RAM, video card, North/South bridge (for AMD) or motherboard chips.

matt_j

Enlightened
Well 100c you can save on the gas bill and boil your water right there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

stockwiz

Enlightened
I dremeled a hole into the side of my case for a 120MM fan, high quality double ball bearing aluminum contruction, and use a car air filter and cover to filter all dust, no dust in my PC going on 1.5 years now... no crashes, rock stable, air blowing directly on motherboard and exiting wherever there are holes... it's the one and only fan in my system outside my CPU and power supply fans.. runs nice and quiet, low pitched noice customary of larger fans.

Best thing of all, it's cheap. I don't have the time and money for watercooling, liquid nitrogen, or fun stuff like that.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
one of the reasons I would use water cooling is I would have all of the parts and tools. I would not have to purchase much.
what do you call a person who never get's rid of anything
oh yea a pack rat

mindcrime

Newly Enlightened
I run a XP-M 2500+ at 2.5ghz and 1.9vcore with a thermalright heatpipe, vantec tornado fan with nexus fanbus to adjust speed, temp is about 45c under seti load.