TurboFlare 360

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I purchased a few of those Turboflares from Sam's Club awhile back. Placed a couple of 'em in the car just in case I had a breakdown and needed a roadside marker.

Tonight on the way home, something caught my eye in the rear view mirror. Took a closer look and thought "aww crap, there's a police car behind me with it's lights on."

But then I took a closer look and discovered that the rotating red light was coming from one of the Turboflares that had accidentally switched itself on by getting bumped by something in the back of the car!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
It seems that the clickie switch on this unit is way too easy to trigger, as this is the third time that I've had one get set off accidentally by getting bumped. Either that switch shoulda been recessed, or they should've chosen one with a much stiffer actuator.

On the other hand, it was really inexpensive, is really bright and attention getting, and it does have a good watertight seal around it. It's just that danged switch.

Has this happened to anybody else?

Darell

Flashaholic
I just make sure I store them where they won't slide around, or be slid into. Haven't had a problem. My only problem is finding a cheap source of Li AA batteries to fill them with!

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey, Mr Spunk...i found packages of 12 lithium aa at Sam's Club (in Michigan) for $20. best deal i have seen!

Bob