Which pocket light has the biggest WOW factor?

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which light that can fit in normal pants pocket has the biggest wow factor. The light can be any type of light using any bulb and any type of battery. It has to be commercially availible or using only one or two commercial mods. And availible now or within the next few months.

Just the lights that everyone say Wow or $%^%. Not the lights that you think are cool or should be on the list, just the frinds say WOW ones.

Five years ago I would have said the Photon microlight, because it was so bright for its size. But now too many people have seen them.

Now?

Thanks,

Keith

capnal

Enlightened
Actually, I really had a big WOW factor when I bought my Princeton Tec Blast. That is really what I said, WOW!
This thing is really bright for a 2 AAA "pocket light". Uses Xenon bulb.

Now, how small are you talking when you say "pocket light"?

Do you mean to say, for example, a SF 6P is too big for this question?

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has to be the E2+. Brightnorm describes it this way: "It's Nascar's mod inspired by Don (McGizmo) that puts a P61 (120 Lumens) into a standard E2E bezel with a few clever alterations."

Technically this is a mod, but I'm sure that this_is_Nascar could be persuaded to make a few more. Read all about it here.

Paul

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can fit it in a pocket then include it here. I knew when I asked this question that different people would define pocket size differently. But I don't think we want to go much beyond the 6P.

Interesting, so far two quick votes for ARC 4+. Others agree or disagree with this one?

Keith

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Hey Pocketbeam, welcome to CPF, and why dontcha stay awhile!

I have found that people do wow the Arc4+, but tire easily from my description of the 16 levels, or force primary, it's all gobbledegook to them.

However, when they see the VIP, all I say is turn it on with the Kroll and turn the switch to get levels. Then they say "WOW" what a cool light, so beautiful, so easy to use.

Unfortunately, then they ask what it cost me, and "WOW" turns into "You're a freak." For that reason, I don't even consider going into the BH, twisty or AA body. lol!

welcome again,
daloosh

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks daloosh. Actually I have watched this forum for many years. In fact I bought some Triton key chain lights from a CPF member. Too bad I threw them away because teh were illegal ; )

But I just recently decided to post.

I had Mr.Bulk add me to the VIP waiting list. So I guess I am a freak too.

The Arc 4+ seems like a winner. Any dealers in Soutehr California?

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
There are several ways to wow them.

The shape and design of the Surefire lights tends to cause second glances. The Arc LSH just gets a curious "what's that?" until I turn it on.

The Pelican M6 does a good job of eliciting comments whether on or off. It's nicely scuplted. It's small enough for pocket carry and very bright to boot. It's tightly focused beam looks cool as it lights up the neighborhood park. The LED version has the added geek factor.

The Dorcy Spider also tends to attact attention. They were on sale at costco a while back. The 2XCr123a and xenon bulb combined with the rounded nickel plated body makes a nice package.

Daniel

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Ah, pocketbeam, a lurker like I was! Once you commit, there's no turning back!

Speaking of Larry, I think the new and old Fireflies will be definitely WOW, specially with the two stage.

daloosh

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Small "wow" lights-

FireFly
Modded Arc LS
Arc 4+
VIP
E1e with PR-T @ 611mA

BTW, there is a very good deal on a modded LS in BST right now.

Peter

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jets22's blackbird on the cr2 body.
I showed that thing to a few friends and I got more Wow!'s than I could ever hear at the same time.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own several expensive lights
my micro illuminator is on my car keys
so I usually have with me
friends are very suprised at the light output
and its size.
one friend bought a brinkman aaa thinking he would
get a bright light like mine.
he was very disapointed.

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc LSHPF - "WOW!"

Arc 4+ - "WOW!! COOL!"

E1E + PR-T BB700 LUXIII + MC2S - "oh, that's okay" on low setting, "HOLY SH!T LET ME SEE THAT!!" on high.

While I don't have one yet, I hear the VIP is a real performer.

Aloha
Brian

sidespill

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Lurker said:
How about a MiniMag....

"WOW, what a lousy beam!"

[/ QUOTE ]

presentation is where the WOW comes from. At work i have a busted, beat up mini mag, just ugly (but inside it's a 3W sandwich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif)everyone(non-CPF) knows what kind of light comes out the front end of a MM so when they twist on the the sandwich they say WOW! okay they don't say wow but some other choice words. The high end lights get the wow too but when people see my Arcs, Longbows, Surefires and how pretty they are they expect something great.