• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD* Arc LS modified with LuxIII, TV0J, 667mA

Greymage

Enlightened
Moved from regular B/S/T

This is one of three Arc LS seconds I had modified by LitFuse to increase current and replace Luxeon and optic. This one is 667ma with a LuxIII TV0J and Fraen.

This light does not have LocTite on the threads (left off at my request) so I could upgrade the LED at a future point. (I have disassembled and reassembled it (because I could?), so the LED is not quite completely centered.

Here's a beamshot versus a Nuwai 5W and an Arc4+ second (white balance set to daylight):

The Arc LS 667 is on the right.

In real life the light looks pure white, not brown, when used solo.

Here is a picture (Arc LS on bottom):

It's in great condition, and has not been carried. It does have visible tiger stripes on the TSP.

Will also include a twisty in addition to the 123 TSP

$110 shipped Priority Mail, US only, payment via non-CC Paypal to the address in my profile.

Edited to fix things Peter pointed out

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Arc LS modified with LuxIII, TV1J, 667mA

This is a great deal, I'm suprised no one has snapped it up.

This light actually has a TVOJ in it, and is very nice and white. It looks like the centering got a little out of whack when Jim had it apart, but this is easily remedied. And since the the lockring is free, this Arc LS is a prime candidate for a reflector mod. The Fraen throws further, but the reflector is more practical in day to day use with it's ample spill light.

This is a great light at a great price, someone will be very pleased with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

Adam

Newly Enlightened

I *might* be interested in it. However, the "not being centred" thing is what is sort of driving me away. That and I'm still considering waiting for the HDS "ultimate" to come out...if I wish to splurge that much. What exactly made it a "second", and has it been remedied?

Phil_B

Enlightened

Adam,centreing is not difficult.If you want this torch,go for it and if you struggle to get back on centre,pm me.I'll try my best to guide you.I have one of these,750ma,terrific lights.HTH,Phil. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Greymage

Enlightened

It's sometimes difficult to tell what makes things seconds. There's nothing obviously wrong with the outsides, unless you count the tiger stripes on the TSP, but that may not be the TSP that came with it (I have lots of lights and parts running around). It might have been the quality of the Luxeon, but that's been replaced. Or there might have been something wrong with the driver circuit, which is still there. I haven't noticed anything wrong with it, so my guess would be the tiger stripes or the light quality.

I wouldn't worry about the centering thing. If I were buying this light the first thing I'd do is replace the Fraen with a reflector anyway. If this doesn't sell in the next couple of days I may go ahead and do that and relist, and I'll try to be more careful about centering in that case.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you drop one of the IMS reflectors in here, centering is a non issue, it pretty much centers itself. I will center the optic or swap it for a reflector (you provide the reflector, or buy one from me for $5) for the buyer of this light for no charge.

Peter

coachbigdog

Enlightened

How much of a difference is 750 vs. 667 in light output? Is it noticable to the eye?

Greymage

Enlightened

If you look at the bin codes, you'll see that T-rank LuxIIIs can range between 67-87 lumens, which is more than the difference between 667 and 750 mA.

If you read my old post in Cheers and Jeers you'll see that I had three lights modded, at 611, 667, and 777mA, and I decided I should have listened to LitFuse's original suggestion and done them all at 611.

GoldenLoki

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Arc LS modified with LuxIII, TV0J, 667mA

I'll take it, if still available.

PayPal at the ready, waiting for the word ...go.

GL

Adam

Newly Enlightened

I ended up getting an XO (impulse buy...damn). I'm absent minded and actually forgot that I'd posted here. Probably wouldn't have picked up the XO (and picked this light up) had I remembered about this thing but, I guess, that's how it goes sometimes. Looks like a nice light, though. Thanks a bunch for your help, and good luck selling it.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not to hijack the thread, but if anyone is still looking to get a custom Arc LS (reflector, boosted current, UCL, etc.) , I may be able to help. I have several LSs and the parts to do the mods, I just never seem to get around to doing them. Send me a PM if interested. Maybe I can get motivated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast

Peter,

Could you provide us with a side by side comparison beamshot of the LS with the Fraen and the IMS reflector?