How many flashoholics here would buy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

stockwiz

Enlightened
an Arc-N if they were made? After getting my Peak LED solutions N cell light today I was only reminded that much more about how much I really want an N cell with the Arc name on it. Sure, there are mods out there, and sure Peak LED solutions is making them, but the mods aren't anodized and thus they get scratched up, dirty, and don't match the color of the arc head on them, and peak's lights are way larger then an N cell light should be, and my reason for ordering an N cell is the smaller size.

I think there is a larger market for an N cell light then arc realizes, and that a lot of current owners of Arc AAA and/or Arc AA lights would throw out the money to buy an N cell version if one was made, so I am throwing this poll out to get an idea of general interest.

georget98

Enlightened
I wish there was a maybe. Certainly I'd be attracted by the size; but I imagine the battery wouldn't last very long and like 123's I'd have to buy them online. I think they're about $2.50 locally.

stockwiz

Enlightened
Rechargeable N cells rated at 500 mah, which is almost the same as an AAA, can be ordered here for under 2 dollars each... http://battlepack.com/loosecells.asp

and for $2.10 here..

http://tnccustomproducts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TnC&Product_Code=5RB

And adaptors that can make them fit into chargers can be made with springs, aluminum foil, or they can be purchased from here...

http://tnccustomproducts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TnC&Product_Code=NRBA&Category_Code=FA

paulr

Flashaholic
You can buy N batteries in big drugstores, Radio Shack, places like that. Runtime should be at least 3-4 hours so operating expenses for typical keychain usage (a few minutes a week at most) will be pretty low.

Would I buy one? Yeah, probably sooner or later, especially with an Arc AA-style stand up tail. The main attraction would be waterproofness compared with a Photon-type coin cell light. The only coin cell light I know of that makes a serious effort to be waterproof is the CMG O-4, which is a pretty clunky light for that type, and I think its seals are not really that good. Also, the current versions have no constant-on lever.

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would buy no less than 4 Arc-N. I use the Arc-AAA as neck light, it is perfect for the purpose. I like better the N form factor for keychain light.
I understand that the AAA head will not fit on a N cell body. This mean that Peter should repeat the Arc-AA experience, this time with N cell form factor.
It may not be worth the initial cost setup, but please look into it. An Arc-N would be another permanent carry for me.

Anthony

pyro

Enlightened
I don´t think there is a big market for them, as it defeats
the main advantage of using a common AAA cell.

Here in germany i couldn´t find a N cell in local stores.

Okay, some flashaholics would buy them for sure... like me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cool4light

Newly Enlightened
would buy one right away! that would be awsome!
on second thought maybe 2 one is never enough.

flashboy

Newly Enlightened
Heck no, I already have a bunch of the AAA arcs and these are the best little lights I could ever imagine. The aaa battery is just too common to go to something like an N cell that you would have to run all around town just to find.

fuelblender

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
flashboy said:
Heck no, I already have a bunch of the AAA arcs and these are the best little lights I could ever imagine. The aaa battery is just too common to go to something like an N cell that you would have to run all around town just to find.

[/ QUOTE ]My thoughts exactly...`nuff said.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
n cells look less atractive when a lithium aaa
will be available soon.
It will make arc aaa/luxeon mods shine.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Going by the no. of N cell bodies/lights sold by TNC & Jets22 & Luxeon mods by d'mo & LEDS_ASAP (sorry if I missed out anyone else), I would say many have & will buy.

stockwiz

Enlightened
I've got a TNC N cell on order. Going to try and nab up one of them N cell adaptors anodized if one pops up for sale since I missed out on them.

Poll has been around 60/40 the entire time. No doubt some would buy more then one. For many flashoholics it's not about using the easier to find batteries... I would be using rechargeables.. it's about the smaller size which would fit on my already crowded keychain much nicer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif TNC N cell for brighter needs, Arc N for the lower light applications.

Since arc mostly appeals to the flashoholics out there anyways, it seems to me that an N cell light would make a perfect addition to a flashoholic collection.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I also have to go to the "no thanks" side of the house. While the "N" cell is smaller, it's just too much of a pain in the *** to keep them on hand. For the longest time, the only cells I would use are 123-cells, then the CR2 sneaked in. I'm not about to add yet another cell, let alone the fact it's a high cost item. I'm going to stick with 123-cells and AAA-cells. It will be great when the lithium AAA's become available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts