best pet? come on choose

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i say dog there so awesume.when iget all confussed i sit with my dogs they just sit near me and i feel so protected there my freinds

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
A small sloth, a slow sloth, a useful sloth, yes, a proper cat (that's friends with the sloth), and a cattle dog, just to be different (one that's friends with the sloth AND the cat.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Dog.

But it HAS to be a dog that selects you rather than the other way around.

Just today Bart wanted to tear up a guy just at my window. But out of the truck, he ran right up to him to be petted!

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cattle Dog usually refers to the Australian Cattle dog.

auscat.jpg

Excellent dogs (mine is neurotic as hell) but I'm gonna throw my best pet vote to the Black-tailed Prairie Dog.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
A Golden Retriever (sweet personality) or a Prairie Dog (very social and intelligent).

Yes, I know that PDs are in the squirrel family, but I like squirrels also. You gotta problem wit dat?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Stickles01

Newly Enlightened
Well I've had everything except a dog, and I'd have to say that the best pet I've never had is a dog. They never cease to amaze me with their intelligence. (well some of them). They actually become devoted members of you family, the protect, they show affection, they know when they've done something wrong, and they pout.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had many critters as pets. I curently have a female Staffordshire Bull terrier, she's full grown at 20lbs and a male Boston / Rat terrirer mix. He is trouble, a real handful. She is sweet and lazy. My dad is watching them as I am typing this from the Great Smoky Mountains. i miss them very much.

robk

Enlightened
Short hair Siamese cat (seal point). She died a few years ago. They attach themselves to one person (me). They are smart, affectionate, clean and beautiful. I presently have a 12 year old Golden Retriever, cool dog, but big and sloppy. Also 2 cats, a tabby that's fantastic and a grey short hair tailless breed that's quite independent. The tabby won't leave me alone, she takes walks with the dog and I, needs at least 2 hours/day lap time. Cats are trained for outdoor "toilet" business, no litter boxes and no accidents in over 10 years.
Rob

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
A small turtle. They don't eat much, are quiet, don't shed, and are easy to catch if they try to run away.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vote, and I've had most of the pets mentioned so far, is a Staffordshire/New York/Pit Bull terrier. (I'd post a pic if I could figure out how, it never works for me!)

Friendly to humans, protective against dogs, loving to his family.

Bill

Hornet

Newly Enlightened
A few years ago my wife had this Bright Idea that a hedgehog would make the perfect pet. Try to cuddle up on the couch with one of them. Bad idea!!!

I would have to go with a dog. Hopefully get a Springer someday, you know for the daughter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Hornet said:
A few years ago my wife had this Bright Idea that a hedgehog would make the perfect pet. Try to cuddle up on the couch with one of them. Bad idea!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hedgehogs are cute little things and they almost seem to have a smile on their face at times. But cuddly they ain't! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif