Z48 vs Z58 vs SW02

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Z58 uses the newer clickie mechanism like the one found in the L4's tailswitch. While it's more compact than the old style Z48, i find the newer switch doesnt feel as nice as the older model.
The SW02 shares the same switch as the Z48.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually there is not much differences but the Z58 is easy to turn on accidentally in your pocket.

bubbacatfish

Enlightened
Hello all!

I've heard mention of the SW02 & the Sw01, and seen the SW02 pointed out in photos but are they the same? I know the SW02 fits the most of the M series but does the SW01? Is one larger than the other? Thanks of any & all replies!

K-T

*Moderator*
I'll try to find a picuture of the SW01.
Generally speaking the SW01 is the same as the SW02, it does fit all 1" lights (C,D,P,Z series) and Millenium lights like M2,M3,M4. They also work on several weaponlights - this is what they were for in first place: to make the operator wearing gloves live easier. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The SW01 is slightly shorter than the SW02 as it is NOT a clickie tailcap, it is rather a very chunky LockOutTailCap (LOTC) which works similar to your Z41. The SW02 is a clickie tailcap and has a large rubber shroud similar to the Z48/49 to prevend accidental switching.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's the SW01 on an M4 with KL6 bezel:

M4-KL6.jpg

K-T

*Moderator*
Thanks alot to OldGrandPajack for sending me these pictures.

First one is the SW01. Notice how short the body is, nevertheless lots of gripping surface due to the added metall on the side. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
sw01.JPG

Next one is a shot of both of them - SW02 with M2 and SW01 infront of the M2 next to the E1e&KL1. Notice the thick rubbershroud on the SW02 which makes the tailcap larger than the SW01. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
SW01_SW02.JPG

bubbacatfish

Enlightened
Thanks Kakster & KT!!

Those photos said everything I needed to hear!!! Like the look of the SW01 but can't stand the LOTC. There's an SW02 up for auction right now, maybe I should go have a look-see what the current $$ is. Thanks again!!!