Red LEDs in a TwinTask2L?

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, I have a similar post in Mods but am getting zero replies, so has anyone replaced the white LEDs in their Streamlight TwinTask 2L with red ones? I'd like to do that if possible. Any comments, suggestions??

Thanks.

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is your intended purpose to preserve night vision? If so I think you'll find that it will be too bright. You'd have to lower the output of the new LED's.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
It should be an easy enough mod, but I would suggest you make sure to check the voltage the 2L is feeding those white leds. I would guess that they are 4.5v leds that they are overdriving a little in direct drive with a resistor to keep them from frying. Most of the red leds that I have messed with run on from 2.4 - 3 volts.

haley1

Enlightened
If you want an excuse to buy another light, Browning makes a similar model, similar size. It has two blue, two red, two white and the incan. About $50 where I bought mine, should be about the same there. Look in sporting goods stores.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks everyone. I would like to mod the TT2L rather than buy another light. Not having done this kind of thing before, are the LEDs generally soldered in place?