holly molly i just hit the lotto 4.5 mill

raggie33

*the raggedier*
news trucks just left watch nbc tonight well i hit it for 4.5 million im walking to the chevy dealer soon as i post this im payn cash for a new vette then im driveing to canada buying every l;ight i see it is so amazeing i didnt even know i won to a freind came over and said what are ya doing here still im like what cause i live here then he said have ya checked ya lotto ticket i was like no. then i feeling my ferret pulling my leg(just like im pulling youres

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie,

Ha ha. Yeah, you sucked me in.

I was hoping you were serious and that you'd be getting some serious new flashlights. Maybe next time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul

verbie

Enlightened
i didn't think you were serious. you would be much more excited if you did win 4.5 million dollars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
man that would be 4 million and 499,999 more then i have now lol

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I even knew someone that won the lottery. Best I've ever seen is a hundred thousand from one friend and one co-worker. I got $2500 on a scratch ticket once.

I could start a new thread but curious, what's the most any of you has ever won?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just before a previous move I arrived in town to start looking for a house. I was picked up at the airport by my wifes aunt and uncle who lived there. An hour earlier they had lost the lotto millions by 1 number. They got all but the last one. You can imagine their state of mind when they picked me up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif They talked about nothing other than "ONE MORE NUMBER! WE ONLY NEEDED ONE MORE NUMBER!!!" the whole time we were there. As it was their matches did entitle them to something like $800 if I remember. So it wasn't a total loss, but still. ONE MORE NUMBER!!!

The lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I knew a fairly famous mathematician who used to try to beat the horse races in Saratoga Springs. He didn't win much.

I also had a couple math teachers in high school who used to try to beat the Jai-alai games. I don't think they ever did - atleast they still work at the same high school, so I assume the worst. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know two people that missed by one number. I got four out of six once but only good for a hundred dollars. I think I read but am not sure that there are hundreds of people that miss by one number to everyone that gets them all.

[ QUOTE ]
James S said:
Just before a previous move I arrived in town to start looking for a house. I was picked up at the airport by my wifes aunt and uncle who lived there. An hour earlier they had lost the lotto millions by 1 number. They got all but the last one. You can imagine their state of mind when they picked me up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif They talked about nothing other than "ONE MORE NUMBER! WE ONLY NEEDED ONE MORE NUMBER!!!" the whole time we were there. As it was their matches did entitle them to something like $800 if I remember. So it wasn't a total loss, but still. ONE MORE NUMBER!!!

The lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

JOshooter

Enlightened
I think that you are more likely to win the lotto twice (I think that's it) than you are of dying in a plane crash.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah. I think you're probably more likely to die in an airoplane twice before winning lotto. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I've won like five bucks on a scratcher once, maybe it was ten. The only time I every bought them was on a whim. Not like some people who bought thousands of dollars worth. That's more like an investment. Hell that much in just about any mutual fund will gain you more than the lottery. Only once did I actually buy any tickets preplanned. That was when the multi state lottery near DC got to be around 120 million, and even then it was only like ten dollars worth. I just didn't get to Starbucks for a couple days, so no big deal.

Canuckle

Newly Enlightened
I don't mean to spoil the fun(?), but was that (original post) actually a joke.
Was it even close to funny? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif // /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Negeltu

Enlightened
Sure it was... you have to laugh at life to live through it. I enjoy raggie's light hearted posts... A nice break from the stresses of daily life.

matt_j

Enlightened
When I was young I used to win stuff like a madman. It all stoped when I turned 12. Wait I played poker with my friends (mind you I never ever play cards). I would show my friends my cards and ask for advice. I hate playing and was doing it since my friends needed the 4th. After few hours I still didn't know full house from flush. And at one point all the stakes went high, everyone emptied their pennies, dimes, matches, bottle caps and everythign we had in our pockets. I didn't know what to do so I kept bidding. And I won it all.

That was fun but I still hate cards.

Matt

justjim

Newly Enlightened
i also enjoy raggie's posts. in fact, i check out the cafe specifically to see if he has anything to say. keep em coming!

-jim

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I won 1600 bucks one time fom keno.

I would probably be struck by lightning and have a heart atack if I had a winning 4.5
million dolllar ticket.

or I would be on an airplaine when I discovered that I had won then the plane would crash into another plane in mid air killing me.

Mark D.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have won several one hundred dollar scratch offs and probably 20 fifty dollar scratch offs. I have never won squat on THE lottery where you pick the # or they are auto picked.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
justjim said:
i also enjoy raggie's posts. in fact, i check out the cafe specifically to see if he has anything to say. keep em coming!

-jim

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Life is too serious to be taken seriously.