Longbow Micra Tint

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my second Longbow Micra. My first Micra I was very happy with, because fit and finish are superb, and the tint is very white.

This one is another story. Again, fit and finish are superb (which is a good thing good). BUT....the beam tint is ultra cat urine green (a bad thing). I'm not talking just a little, I mean the center of the beam is absolutely pure cat urine green. I've never seen a Luxeon with a tint this bad, even my Surefire L1s which in my opinion have horrible tint have better tint than this Micra.

I hear the Micra is so modular that one can change parts easily. Any chance I can order a luxeon bulb and replace this one?

Anyone else having a tint issue with a Micra?

luxlover

Banned
You give up too easily! You are the customer and you should be accommodated. Have your dealer even swap the capsule or the light. You should not have to spend extra money to make the light up to par. My one Micra is very white, so I know that there are white ones out there in Luxeonland! The Micra is a gem of a light in every way. You already know that, I'm sure.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

I just got my first Micra today from Bulldog. Sweet little light and the beam on my sample is very white. The only thing I noticed is the off-center hotspot on mine, but I don't consider it a big deal. It's a fantastic little light.

My CMG Reactor and Surefire L4 are the only Luxeon lights I own that have a slightly greenish tint, the Reactor being the worst.

The LED capsule on the Micra can be easily removed and replaced. LongBow's site says they offer LED capsules in different colors too, but I don't know of any U.S. distributor that might have them in stock. I suppose you can contact the distributor and see if they can swap it out for another with a whiter beam.

luxlover

Banned
Did somebody say BULLDOG? Hey, Martin is my Longbow supplier. Call him and tell him that you are not happy with the tint. I am sure he will work with you, and not send you to Longbow headquarters in Arizona.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm....I didn't know dealers would exchange flashlights for tint reasons. Arc no longer does.

I'll definitely give that a try.

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
Just wanted to mention that I ordered a twisty tailcap from Martin for my clickie Longbow Micra last Saturday. I was surprised to see it show up on Monday. Now that's what I call exceptional service! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

C

Cosmic Superchunk

[ QUOTE ]
Silver said:
What is this "Bulldog." Is there a website?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bulldog Enterprises

Excellent service and fast delivery.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
.357 I just received my Longbow Micra today,
same problem as yours, Cat urine green and
way offcentered hotspot. The fit and finish are good.
I will have to send it back
for a replacement.

wholeflaffer

Enlightened
My Micra arrived today from Bulldog - Initial check in my office in the daytime indicates a very nice, bright white tint /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif, with nothing but the vaguest hint of green deep in one corner of the beam's corona. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'll be checking to see if I have a different opinion tonight, in the dark! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Thanks for the extra batteries, Bulldog! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Latest posts