BEWARE! (This could happen to your Arc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
If you send your Arc LS to Jets22, it'll come back with a great hand-selected 3W and a new finish . . . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

jet22a_Small.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Jets22b_small.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Thank you for the great work!

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Looks nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Is it beadblasted? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
Ceramic bead-blasted, TWOJ, S017 reflector. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's running at approx. 700ma.

I'm a very happy camper! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
I have to make one of these.
I love the look also, you said it best MTFD, looks like stone.

Do I have to use ceramic to get this look, or will any Bead blasting system, such as at my work place, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ,,, do the job?

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
4x4Dragon said:not a very good light to take out on the beach and drop!

[/ QUOTE ] Not a problem here: some treasure hunters use to scan the beach in the early morning with metal detectors and you may be able to buy it back at the next beach cafe for a pretty low price .-)
But I like the finish, too and I'm shure it will improve handling.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for my ignorance, but what exactly is ceramic bead blasting? Is it just bead blasting with ceramic particles instead of metal ones? If so, does it just produce a different type of texture, or does the ceramic actually embed itself in the alumimum to some extent?

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that ceramic as opposed to silicone is just a safety thing for the sand blaster. I used to do it, and I was blowing black stuff out of my nose 24/7. I quit because I thought my health wasn't worth the money. Ceramic should be a bit safer - ie it shouldn't cut up your lungs or give you cancer.

I think that's the only difference. After all, you're just blasting little sharp things really fast at the thing you want to texturise (or remove paint/rust/powdercoat from).

B@rt

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
spgrk said:
Pardon MY ignorance, but how does one send it to Jets22, and how much is charged for the transformation?

[/ QUOTE ]

You could send him a PM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.