Tritium inserts ? Source ?

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone tell me where those Tritium inserts can be bought ?

TIA

Klaus

K-T

*Moderator*
I was going to ask the same. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I doubt that taking apart the Glow Discs is the best source - there must be some other source where you can buy the different sized tubes.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
K-T said:
I was going to ask the same. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I doubt that taking apart the Glow Discs is the best source - there must be some other source where you can buy the different sized tubes.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was someone selling the bare tubes sometime ago also I believe.

K-T

*Moderator*
I once visited a website that had some Tritium tubes for sale (hopefully I didn't dream all this!) but didn't bookmark the website. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Klaus --> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif <-- Klaus

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

K-T

*Moderator*
Assuming that I didn't dream it I deserve a solid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pbarrette

Enlightened
Hi Klaus, KT,

The last time I was in Germany (summer 2000) I was told that tritium was illegal there. Was I misinformed or have the laws changed since then?

It seems highly likely that I'll be moving to Wiesbaden in August so I wanted to be sure before I start buying the stuff for my lights.

pb

K-T

*Moderator*
Good question, as far as I know Tritium watches are now also available in Germany so it might not be 100% illegal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

chrisse242

Enlightened
pbarrette: Don't forget to bring this solitaire 5mm drop-in when you're heading to germany. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif It's bad luck you're not here in the beginning of July, I think we would have been happy to see you on our get-together.
Regarding the tritium, those "super-hyper-tactical" Watches are sold nearly everwhere lately, I guess you won't get any trouble with your lights.

Chrisse

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked Traser to ship some Glowrings to Illiesheim and they told me Germany does not allow them to.

BTW K-T, Traser used to have loose tubes on their old web site. Maybe that is where you saw them.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
One of our esteemed members who has been absent for some time now had a connection with Traser over a year ago. He provided me with a list of sizes of vials that traser makes and I had quite the list going! Unfortunately the connection never panned out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I was real happy when these markers came on the scene as they have at least provided one small size to work with. It's too bad that there are restrictions on these and hoops to jump through to use them legitimately! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I called Traser earlier today (they are in Switzerland) but they had their company party today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Klaus

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
K-T said:
I once visited a website that had some Tritium tubes for sale (hopefully I didn't dream all this!) but didn't bookmark the website. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too... I've been looking for the site lately but haven't been able to find it... It had a white background with pictures of a bunch of different colored vials. I think it was like 7 pounds for a 6 pack of vials.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
daz said:
Try www.illumo.co.uk for Glo-Discs and try www.h3products.com for Tritium vials /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, it looks like h3products won't send the Tritium vials outside the UK.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
H3! That's the site! I went there a couple of days ago but couldn't find the right page there! Hey Klaus, you want to do me a favor? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
[/ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, it looks like h3products won't send the Tritium vials outside the UK.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Try www.glowrings.com . They ship outside the UK.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
sunspot said:
Try www.glowrings.com . They ship outside the UK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm... these are Glowrings... H3 has Tritium Vials for sale directly, which are much cheaper than buying the Glowrings.. Go to http://www.h3products.com/ and click on "H3 LIGHT SOURCES" on the left menu bar to see those..

Latest posts