McE2S-30 Reference Pics on Low Beam

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Hi.

For all those who are still troubled by the choices of resistors for the McE2S I offer some pics of the 30 ohm version (called McE2S-30) used with a variety of hosts.
Lux readings of the hotspot are provided, too, but keep in mind that the units presented use different reflectors.
An Arc AAA LE was used for comparison purposes.

McE2S-30_PR_ngBB1000_TVOJ.jpg

McE2S-30_PR_DB917_TWAK.jpg

McE2S-30_PR_BB611_SWAK.jpg

McE2S-30_PR_BB500_W4V.jpg

McE2S-30_L4.jpg

McE2S-30_BB750_TVOJ_so17xa.jpg

Note: according to Don the 30 ohm version is safe to be used with all those combos, it is universal. The drawback are quite different illumination levels for the different hosts that one might consider too dim or too bright.

bernhard

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Wow Bernhard! Thanks for the information and effort here! Cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I guess I should send you the other resistor values and you can do a full library while I am busy with my own beam shots and run time graphs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Yeah Don ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif ... send over the goodies and I'll do as you ask! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I have learned to appreciate the abundance of original McGizmo shots and runtime graphs ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif
bernhard

K-T

*Moderator*
Bernhard, thanks a lot for the pictures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Unfortunatly some won't realy load correcty.

Are all of these already taken on the low setting? Somehow I find it hard to transfer what I see in the pictures to what I would get in real - it does not have anything to do with the quality of your beamshots but more with the lack of experience with LSIII's on my side. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
K-T ... they are on photobucket and do load fine for me here ... ?????

You can go to www.photobucket.com and visit album "kiessling", it is open for public. There you'll find an album named "McE2S" with the pics.

And yes again, all are on the low setting. The low can be very different with the various combos of batteries, drivers and Luxeons, thus you get very dim (BB500 W4V) and quite bright (DB 917 TWAK).

Explanation:
The first three are LuxIII in a PR and have a very tight hotspot and huge corona, they do read relatively high on the lightmeter due to the concentrated hotspot.
The fourth one is a 5W in a PR on 1x123with a much less dense hotspot and much less bright than the LuxIII , if you want to know why ask the techno-geeks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
The fifth is the SF L4, and the sixth photo is a LuxIII in the new so17xa that has a less intense hotspot than the PR and reads lower on the light meter although in lumens I guesstimate the output as roughly equivalent of the BB611 SWAK in the PR.

Hope that helped a bit ...

bernhard

K-T

*Moderator*
Bernhard,

the pictures load fine today - whatever caused the hickup is gone now.

Thanks for the additional infos on the lights - my little brain is still puzzeling with the pictures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif