Ultra-G stands on tail

Delta_FHInX

Newly Enlightened
I just found out if I balance the Ultra-G carefully on a flat surface , then it stands on its end. Perhaps by modifying it to make the end broader, it will work on any surface.

I like small lights that has the lanyard centered on the tail when I hang it around my neck. I'm positive someone with the correct tools can accomplish this task.

14C

Enlightened
Hnit: If you slide the clip down some it will provide another contact point to candle the Ultra-G. This makes it rather easy......

83Venture

Enlightened
If you twirl the lanyard around your finger you can slip it from your finger and put the coil on a table and place the bottom of the Ultra in the hole to have it stand on end.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I examined the bottom of my Infinity Ultra-G, and there is indeed a small flat spot there. If the flashlight is very carefully balanced on a very flat surface, it will stand on its tail unsupported - though it wouldn't take much of a breeze to knock it over.

14C

Enlightened
Well...you COULD file the tail flatter.....I have just used the end of the clip...it seems to balance the thing fine given a reasonably flat suface...I never thought about it until DeltaFHinX started the thread.....

BTW...I also found that you can shine the little thing up into a lamp shade (small one like on the night stand) while standing to get a nice diffuse light good for nightlight and a little reading....done this with a PALight too

chumley

Enlightened
Why not just put the Infinity head up in a prescription pill container? It will shine almost straight up without having to file any metal.

Latest posts