• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Need info on rechargables for McGizmo PRT-Head

Glo_in_dark

Newly Enlightened
I just puchased a McGizmo PR-T head in HA-NAT with a BB611 inside from a fellow CPF member. I have little knowledge on the use of rechargables and am wondering if the Pila 123 rechargable would work or if another type or brand is recommended. I plan on using this light on a daily basis and look forward to hearing from fellow members.
Thanks in advance,
Michael

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Glo_in_dark said:
I just puchased a McGizmo PR-T head in HA-NAT with a BB611 inside from a fellow CPF member. I have little knowledge on the use of rechargables and am wondering if the Pila 123 rechargable would work or if another type or brand is recommended. I plan on using this light on a daily basis and look forward to hearing from fellow members.
Thanks in advance,
Michael

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean a Pila 168S which replaces two CR123A? I use a Pila 168S with a McLux PR BB750 5W V3U and it works just fine. I've never did runtime tests though.

wasabe64

Flashaholic*
Desmond's right. The BadBoy driver should not have a Vin that exceeds the Vf of the diode that it is driving (a Pila Li-Ion battery is rated for 3.7v, most LuxeonIII's Vf are between 3.2 and 3.5v). While there is some margin , if the Vf of your LuxeonIII is unknown, it's probably not a good idea.

If you want to use rechargables with your McLux head, perhaps you could get a UBH body (dspeck's Universal battery holder) and use two AA NIMH rechargables with it.

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
wasabe64 said:
Desmond's right. The BadBoy driver should not have a Vin that exceeds the Vf of the diode that it is driving (a Pila Li-Ion battery is rated for 3.7v, most LuxeonIII's Vf are between 3.2 and 3.5v). While there is some margin , if the Vf of your LuxeonIII is unknown, it's probably not a good idea.

If you want to use rechargables with your McLux head, perhaps you could get a UBH body (dspeck's Universal battery holder) and use two AA NIMH rechargables with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
That 3.7v for a Pila is just nominal too! After charging, it's al least 4.1v!!

Kiu

Enlightened
The PILA should work well if the led has a high Vf like "M"
3.99~4.23.
The freshly charged PILA's will run in regulation after a little drop in batt voltage.