Revised Luxeon binning document

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see that Lumileds has revised their binning document again. I haven't had time to go through it to find the changes. If anyone has time to do it and report back, have at it. New AB21 binning document
Edit: the datasheets for the Lux III emitter and Star are also revised, DS45 and DS46 respectively. These appear to have been revised to reflect that the Lux III is now available as a side emitter. The typical flux for the lux III SE is 58 lm. Ahh.., this explains the revision to AB21. "S" flux bin for a white Lux III HD is 60-67.2 lm but "S" bin for a SE is 51.7-67.2 lm.

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like they added the L3 side emitter (to the emitter and star docs), and added references to the new part numbers in the binning document.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well... progress is progress. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I was kinda hoping that the revised binning read "LuxeonV portable driven at 700mA now has 70% lumens maintenance at 50,000 hours! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif Oh well, back to dreaming about it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif