Argo runs longer on nimh?

wualta

Newly Enlightened
It's so easy to do runtime tests on regulated lights-- you just turn 'em on and click off your stopwatch when you're plunged into total darkness. Anyway, folks have complained about the Argo's short runtime on alkalines. I don't know exactly how short that is since I haven't tested it myself(SL claims 1.0 hr), but I have tested it with Energizer 750mah AAA nimh cells fresh from an Energizer 30-minute charger, and I got just a second or two short of 1.5 hours, with the ability to restart. There's a quickie review in, you won't be surprised to hear, the REVIEWS forum, if y'all are still interested in this li'l light's virtues.

Walt Brand

Doug Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
wualta said:
It's so easy to do runtime tests on regulated lights-- you just turn 'em on and click off your stopwatch when you're plunged into total darkness.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I don't know the light in question, I have to take exception with the above difinition of runtime. IMO the proper measure is to *half the original output*, not at all a consistant thing just because 'it's regulated'.

If yer just having fun, that's cool. But I think those are the rules.

As to the runtime issue at hand, at those sorts of discharge rates, I'd expect alkalines to do a bit better than NiMH. Then again, what did you want/need?

Doug Owen

Latest posts