Oakley SI Assault Boots and Shoes ?

DavidTHR

Enlightened
Does anyone else wear on a regular basis the OAKLEY SI ASSAULT BOOTS or SHOES?

Since learning about them a year ago, I have purchased 3 pairs:

*** Oakley SI Boots in Black
*** Oakley SI Shoes in Black
*** Oakley SI Boots in Desert Tan

I wear one of these almost everyday now, and I really love them!

They look cool, are very comfortable -- and even my wife likes the way they look on me!

I just purchased my first pair of Danner boots, and I hope to have an opportunity to wear them soon.

Does anyone else wear the Oakley SI footwear series (either boots or shoes), and what do you think of them?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

lightemup

Flashaholic*
My ol blundstones just died on me, and the very question of Danner versus Oakley versus ? is top on my agenda /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I will be watching with interest David /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Would you care to give a more detailed review etc? I for one would appreciate it (e.g. i've heard the Oakley's are a little squeaky, and that there are US made and Asian manufactured ones that might be different?)!

Thanks!

fluorescent

Enlightened
how is the fit on those Oakley boots? TAD says they are a tight fit and to get a half size up... are you wearing the same size as your regular shoe size or did you get the 1/2 size up?

DavidTHR

Enlightened
Lightemup -- I checked, all all my Oakleys are made in China.

They are of very high quality, and I wear one of my three pairs almost everyday and they show very little wear and tear.

Unless you need a boot for some reason, I think you will really like the OAKLEY SI SHOE.

I get a lot of use from the Oakley SI SHOE -- they look great with jeans, khakis and shorts.

(By the way, you can sometimes find good deals on ebay on these cool items.)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought Air Jordans were overpriced, seems Oakley is the king! For tennis shoes, I buy whatever is on sale for $30 or $40. If you need something serious, buy some good boots.