Any info on this?

flashlightdude

Newly Enlightened
Hello EVERYONE, I am new to this board. I am addicted to flaslights. I am in search for the ultimate handheld light.

My very first question...

I just ordered from eBay a LED V6 power chip Luxeon(?) handheld flashlight that makes some incredible claims. It uses (3) AAA batteries and is supposed to be the equal to a (5) watt Luxeon light. 350 mA, 1.25 watts whatever this means. Batteries supposed to last 100 hours. All for $79.99 which includes shipping.

The seller is a "Chandt" from Germany.He has an excellent eBay rating. Does anybody have info or comments on this.

flashlightdude

Newly Enlightened
Yep, it looks like it is. Looks like I paid way too much, if it is the same thing.

Thanks for the reply Mike

Ken

Kiessling

Flashaholic
It should be this light:

ll_v6_series.jpg

It is a LedLenser V6 made of stainless steel using 3 x AAA in a holder driving a 1W (?) white Luxeon. There should not be any regulation, maybe a resistor. The thing is not watertight, nor has it any lanyard attachment or clip. Uses a metal clicky on the barrel with a "reverse-momentary" and an optic with a hole in it at the front end (Fraen?).

Overall it is too heavy due to the stainless steel construction and lacks ergonomics, but has a cool design. Output-wise it is in the league of an Arc LS. Mine uses a LD emitter, but that might have changed by now.
The main concern is water resistence or the lack thereof, and for some of us the lack of regulation as well as th ergonomics.

For further questions feel free to contact me.

bernhard

flashlightdude

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Bernhard for all the information and picture.I searched eBay for awhile now and I've only seen the flashlight I mentioned advertisted and that was for $79.99 including shipping. Where exactly did you see it for a much lower price?

All my years of wandering trying to find information about various uncommon flashlights have been met on this site. Thanks to everyone one who has responded and will respond further.

Ken

mudmojo

Newly Enlightened
You have to first host them up somewhere on the internet. Once you have the URL location, you can reply to the message.

In the reply page, there is an "Instant UBB Code" section with a bunch of hypertext links. Click on Image, a pop up box will pop up and then type in the URL of your image.

It will then magically construct the necessary UBB code for the pic to appear in your posted reply! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
'dude.....check with your ISP and see if they offer hosting...my ISP gives each customer a FREE 5meg web page or a FREE 5meg ftp site. Mine gave me an extra 5meg free when I whined about running out of space. Guess it helps that he's used several of my lights on some of his trips to Centeral America.

indenial

Enlightened
I own the 7739 model, which is a tactical version of this light. I happen to like Lensers. Smooth, very white beam with little sidespill. Similar to the OEM Longbow beam.

BTW, I paid about 40.00 retail. It seems that a lot of us pay far too much for our first "real" light. Welcome to the club! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Ken,
look on ebay.de in Germany (right at the source /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) and you'll find it. But for most it is replaced by the newer V² models ...
bernhard

C

Cosmic Superchunk

[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
You can also use Logicnerd411's CPF picture hosting service at http://tjtech.org/~CPF/readme-ftp.php if your own ISP does not offer its users space.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried both ways and it didn't work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif