Longbow Micra, my first LS!

SJACKAL

Enlightened
My first post! For my first LS! After being a unregistered ardent reader of CPF for sometime. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Today I went out to get my first Luxeon Star flashlight; ended up ordering a Longbow Micra OD (Twistcap) from one of the distributors here at Singapore, need to made an order since all the distributors here are out of the ODs.

The twistcap Micras are priced at SGD$148/- (about USD$84/-) at the distributors here, but I got a nasty shock when I was told the OD Micra will cost SGD$172/- (about USD$98/-). Hmmm, wondering if purchasing online at the US distributors would had been cheaper than purchasing here at home ground? Not sure if I was overcharged... anyway, I read about the Micra's crappy lens and wondering where can I get the UCL lens that you guys spoke of? And the S017Xsomething reflector...

Now waiting anxiously for the dealer to get my OD Micra, hope I won't be disappointed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif Nice to see more & more SG CPFers here. Please sign in here too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Next time try PM'ing s2k who's also a SG CPFer who may be able to get better prices on the LBs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

nexro

Enlightened
I bought my Micra and Mini from s2k sometime ago. He even included a freebie with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Those LB are nice lights...

SJACKAL

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
nexro said:
I bought my Micra and Mini from s2k sometime ago. He even included a freebie with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh boy, what to do? Already placed an order, have to honour it, or loss the deposit! Should had read more at CPF before rushing for the buy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyway, how can I get a UCL lens and the SO17Xsomething reflector here easier in Singapore, without making online orders?

Thanx for help and the welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

albert

Enlightened
I got my Micra OD from s2k too. He offered really good price to Singaporean.

Also got my UCL and S017XA reflector from flashlightlens.com in US. Great service.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
SJACKAL said:
[ QUOTE ]
nexro said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh boy, what to do? Already placed an order, have to honour it, or loss the deposit! Should had read more at CPF before rushing for the buy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyway, how can I get a UCL lens and the SO17Xsomething reflector here easier in Singapore, without making online orders?

Thanx for help and the welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be able to help you. Send me a PM as to exactly what you want. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SJACKAL

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
albert said:
I got my Micra OD from s2k too. He offered really good price to Singaporean.

Also got my UCL and S017XA reflector from flashlightlens.com in US. Great service.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Really sad after I read that thread and realised that I paid so much more when I could get much cheaper price from s2k.

Hmmmm, Singaporean paying a higher price than foreigners for a Singaporean product, kinda funny... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

nexro

Enlightened
Don't worry SJACKAL, we do that all the time.
Most luxeons are made here in Malaysia (Penang) but I am paying like USD 16 for a lux3 to get it from US /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

SJACKAL

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
nexro said:
Don't worry SJACKAL, we do that all the time.
Most luxeons are made here in Malaysia (Penang) but I am paying like USD 16 for a lux3 to get it from US /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, what to do? Haha. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Morganch_oh

Enlightened
The LongBow Dealer Sea n Sea at Adelphi 02-13 is selling Micro twistcap S$146 and Pushcap S$163. And he is willing to give a 10% off make the price the same as US pricing after the convertion. Twistcap S$131.4 and PushCap S$146.7

By the way may I know website of s2k?

Is the Micra better with the reflector?

[ QUOTE ]
SJACKAL said:

The twistcap Micras are priced at SGD$148/- (about USD$84/-) at the distributors here, but I got a nasty shock when I was told the OD Micra will cost SGD$172/- (about USD$98/-).

[/ QUOTE ]

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Hmmm, I ordered it at Sea & Sea leh... OD Micra Twistcap at S$172/-

[ QUOTE ]
Morganch_oh said:
The LongBow Dealer Sea n Sea at Adelphi 02-13 is selling Micro twistcap S$146 and Pushcap S$163. And he is willing to give a 10% off make the price the same as US pricing after the convertion. Twistcap S$131.4 and PushCap S$146.7

By the way may I know website of s2k?

Is the Micra better with the reflector?

[ QUOTE ]
SJACKAL said:

The twistcap Micras are priced at SGD$148/- (about USD$84/-) at the distributors here, but I got a nasty shock when I was told the OD Micra will cost SGD$172/- (about USD$98/-).

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SJACKAL

Enlightened
AN UPDATE!

Today collected my Micra OD Twist cap version. The dealer told me he made a mistake with the pricing and charged me SGD$10/- more previously, and he rectified the pricing. So the price is actually SGD$162/- at Sea & Sea Underwater Cameras, Adelphi, Singapore, oh well felt better. From the conversation with the dealer, this light seems to be popular with underwater sports too, the dealer asked me twice if I am using it for diving.

Very satisfied and happy with the light's shape, feel in the hand, and the over all construction. The tailcap is particularly interesting, in addition of a hole for lanyard attachment, there is another two threaded sockets for screw in accessories, seen a picture of a Longbow light screwed to a camera tripod with this socket, not sure what other possibilities are there... perhaps to a weapon, a bicycle, hiking staff, safety helmet...?

The faults are more or less expected; the lens, it looks crappy, and mine already scratched NIB. The beam's hotspot is also off center, although is not noticable at far range. Similar problems encountered by everyone. Hope to get a UCL, considering the S017XA reflector...

I am most satisfied with the color of the beam however, it is very white. There is a very very slight greenish hue at the side spill, only noticeable when I purposefully look for it. Perhaps the green is not even there at all but just my imagination. But hey, that's the whitish LED beam that I seen so far. There's no blueish tone at all, except for a thin blue ring perimetering the spill. When compared with my Inova XO, and the XO's blueish side spill becomes really obvious. Great "throw" for such a small light.

No regrets.

Morganch_oh

Enlightened
Hi SJACKAL
I was here today too at around 5pm, collected my Micra.

Did a comparision with the ECO (2AA cell) The beam between both of them are about the same.

I try the booster head on the micra too? The Booster is really good. my beam is more concentrated and it throws furthur. But It sure looks funny on the Micra. Imagine a Small and short body with a BIG head on it.

but where can I say...LOVE IT LOVE IT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Morganch_oh

Enlightened
How does the Clip looks like?
any website that leads to it?
[ QUOTE ]
flashlight said:
Hi Sjackal,

One of the holes is for a Titanium clip (US$22+ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif ).

[/ QUOTE ]

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Morganch_oh said:
How does the Clip looks like?
any website that leads to it?
[ QUOTE ]
flashlight said:
Hi Sjackal,

One of the holes is for a Titanium clip (US$22+ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif ).

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry it's $24.95! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif web page

Oops wrong pic. Sorry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

C

Cosmic Superchunk

The clip available for the LongBow is a bit different than the one pictured by Flashlight. There used to be a pic of the pocketclip on bugoutgear's site, but it's no longer there.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Fear not, for here is a link that shows you exactly what the clip looks like.

Voila!