how did ya come up with ya user name

raggie33

*the raggedier*
and what does it mean i always wonder this so please share.for me mine is from a movie i saw it was at that time ragman but peple kinda thought it meant something else that was kinda dicusting . so i asked a freind a me what i should change it to and she saaid raggie so thats it now email is still ragman since .i cant think of something new that people will remember

RH

Enlightened
What's the 33 for? Is that your age?

Mine is just my initials.

14C

Enlightened
It was the site designation for the first radar system I worked on at Tonopah Test Range.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hmmm.... Lack of imagination? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
I'm not very imaginative. I couldn't come up with anything better. I thought the light bulb in the mouth was kinda funny.

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
My name means American Dragon.
I came up with my name about 4 years ago when I whent as Draco T Dragon, That name was inspired by the dragon from the moive Dragonheart. Draco is simply latin for Dragon. My nick name at work is also Dragon. I love dragons and some even say I am a dragon, just with out the scales though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I also seem to have this unexplainable fear about knights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/knight.gif They tend to pick on us dragons!

matt_j

Enlightened
Well I was born in Poland so that's where Polak comes from. And no i don;t think it is deragatory as one of the members wrote to me in the PM. I heard all the Polish jokes and I do find them amusing. 187 was a number I typed in after I got frustrated with setting my AOL screen name. Polak was taken so was POlak1 etc etc. So I just hit those numbers. Later on I found out that it is a LAPD code for homicide.

Matt

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine was just a combination of my job and name. PJ for Photo-Journalist and ANDYHO for Andy Ho. So there you have it, pjandyho

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings Polak, my wife, best friend, and many in my area are of Polish ancestry; they tell the best Polak jokes (which can also be used for most other nationalities, too)

Anyway, Jay is my first name and jayflash was the first username that popped into my head. I've enjoyed the pursuit of superior lighting for 20 years, so "flash" resonates with my family.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I happened upon my nick when I used to use IRC regularly and would change my nick to various things to indicate that I was away. Idleprocess seemed better than nick[away].

Hornet

Newly Enlightened
Been involved in hunting and shooting for years and the caliber of choice is the 22 hornet and for some reason hornet is usually available.
Dana

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Years ago I worked for a Police Dept that required carry of 357/38 revolvers. Having just been discharged from the US Army MPC (MP's) I carried a 1911 .45 as a backup gun (BUG) whenever possible. The Marty Robbins song, "Bigiron", was popular at the time, so the nick was applied and stuck.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before I became a member of CPF, I lurked on the forum for quite a while (read, but did not post), so when they asked me to create a name, Lurker just popped up in my mind. I guess it doesn't apply any more, though. If I had it to do over, I would probably just use my last name, which is Troy.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no imagination

my name is Mark Dikeman
so markdi is usually the shortest version of my name
that I can get away with

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
pjandyho said:
Mine was just a combination of my job and name. PJ for Photo-Journalist and ANDYHO for Andy Ho. So there you have it, pjandyho

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I thot it was because your hometown is in PJ (Petaling Jaya) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif It's my birthplace.

My nick is self-explanatory, 'nuf said. I was surprised it wasn't already taken. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Orion Nebula, . . one of the most celebrated celestial wonders in space.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The pseudonym I'm using now is the name of my website. I know, I know, not very imaginative. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The pseudonym I used most in the past was "Telephony" (pronounced "tel ah FONE' ee").
I saw a magazine in the men's toliet in a Juneau AK. building in the mid-1980s that went by that name (it was an industry magazine primarily about telephones), so it stuck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif