princeton tec 40

Spork

Enlightened
ok I heard these lights take pr bulbs unlike many of the others for sale. I just ordered one this morning. could someone tell me the brightest bulb i can get from radio shack, or a lumberyard (lowes, home depot)that won't melt the reflector or damage the flashlight if i use it for a while.

Deuce

Newly Enlightened
I received a Tec 40 last week. It comes with a halogen bulb which is bright. My initial impression is that it is slightly brighter and whiter than the UK 4AA that I received at the same time. I have since put lithium AA's in the UK 4AA and they are close to the same now. The Tec 40 has a smoother beam than my UK 4AA. See the post on Best bulbs for 4AA from a couple of days ago which has a discussion on PR base bulbs.

Velcro

Enlightened
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I recently looked at the Princeton TEC 40 and was not all that impressed. I own a PT Attitude, Impact (Both LED Flashlights - I am much more impressed with the Attitude than the Impact) and a Rage and a Blast (Both Xenon Flashlights).

I have found that the PT Rage puts out almost the same amount and brightness of light as its bigger brother the TEC 40. At least for my needs. It is smaller, is powered by 4 AAA rather than 4 AA batteries and is much lighter.

When size is an issue when it comes to flashlights, I now carry both an Attitude due to it's long burn time and a Rage for a brighter light. They make a good partnership for those purposes.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Deuce:
I received a Tec 40 last week. It comes with a halogen bulb which is bright. My initial impression is that it is slightly brighter and whiter than the UK 4AA that I received at the same time. I have since put lithium AA's in the UK 4AA and they are close to the same now. The Tec 40 has a smoother beam than my UK 4AA. See the post on Best bulbs for 4AA from a couple of days ago which has a discussion on PR base bulbs.[/QUOTE]

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ranger:

I have found that the PT Rage puts out almost the same amount and brightness of light as its bigger brother the TEC 40. At least for my needs. It is smaller, is powered by 4 AAA rather than 4 AA batteries and is much lighter.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have 2 each of Rage and Tec40. Even with Tec40's original bulb, it's much brighter than Rage. I guess something real wrong with your Tec 40. By the way, Rage is great light that I always carry as backup regardless what light I was carrying as primary.

Alan