# of Different Lights You Have?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
While adding up the value of all my lights, I also counted the different types of lights I own. 36 of my lights are different enough from each other to count. That's about half of my total number of lights. For example, I have 6 pen lights, 8 2D's, 3-3C's, 6 SL Jr./MM's, totaling 23 lights - but that's only four different types.

How many types are in your arsenal of lumen launchers?

jtice

Flashaholic
Type 1 = Tiny key chain type lights. ( Arc AAA, CountyComm lights, etc )
Type 2 = Arc LS size lights. ( Arc LSs, Arc grey kits, and LS mods, Surefire E1, etc. )
Type 3 = Brighter lights of the same size. ( mostly mods like 1W Arc AA, FF, Larry CR2, etc. )
Type 4 = Larger Lights, with alittle brighter output. ( Streamlight 4AA, Tec 40, L4, Superlight III, etc )
Type 5 = Large lights, like C and D cell mags,
Type 6 = Lights of medium to large size, made for runtime. ( UK 4AA led, Streamlight 3C led, etc. )
type 7 = Huge crazy bright heavy lights. ( cigerit lighter plugin spotlights, THOR )

Thats about it, though many of those lights can fall in a couple types, but you get the idea.
Those are the most seperated I can think of for mine.
I generally think of then in size, runtime, and output.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Only two types for me
Type 1= common practical not to costly
Type 2= Oh My Gosh what was I thinking, where can I hide this from the wife. Most of my type 1's were owned before
finding CPF.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe I've differentiated too much and some of my categories could be combined. For example, I considered my LSL unique enough from my MM/BadBoy to warrant separate designations. Likewise Arc AAA & Solitare; Dorcy 4 LED & TT-1; Scorpion & TL-3; 4AA Stealth & 2C SuperPeli, were different enough for me to count as separate categories.

Maybe the G2 & Scorp should share the same category even though they have different switches and body material.

Any further opinions on this? Perhaps I only have 25 - 30 different types - or less.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Hi Jay I got to stick with two. I think Tactical type
may be a good one. I still bought mine under 2 types if I listed all of them no doubt many would have their own listings
stills boils down to Dang how can I pay for this stuff!
As well as hide them. I have the same problem with Knives and Swords.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've got at least 400 flashlights; far too many for me to get an accurate count of or to seperate into distinct categories.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
My household has 35 lights, probably closer to 40 right now.

Categories? Sheer power, runtime, size, features, and cheap are probably the main ones.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
This was probably a goofy question for me to ask, but I was surprised at the number of distinctions one could make between flashlights. In my collection of about 70 lights, there are roughly 35 variations on the flashlight theme.

It was also interesting to me that my collection is evenly split with half the money being spent on a few good lights and the other half on many inexpensive lights.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to all you at CPF I have TOOOOOO many flashlights. But I LIKE all of them. Needless to say, seeing in the dark is not a problem. And even if a use a bunch of them up, I have a many more spares.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I think more is better because some are too bright and some just don't last long enough and some are too big. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

I always got 3 or 4 with me now (On belt, in car, in tool box, etc.) I think I have at least 6 new ones in last 6 weeks. I still want more, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights LightWar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

chuck30mi

Newly Enlightened
1. I only have one 2D flashlight, into which I put a red LED. I use that most days.

2. I have 2 "button lights". These are LED lights you can put on your keychain, like the Microlight. I have the microlight and a cheapie knockoff, which I use daily on my keychain.

3. I have 2 2AA Maglites. One that is rather beat up, and a newer one.

4. I have a combo table light/flashlight, takes 4AA.

5. I have a tablelight I made from a food container I turned upside down. Put in 2 6000mcd white LEDs and a 9v battery.

6. I have 3 color LED lights: green, blue, and red. These all take button lights.

7. I have the 7 LED Streamlight Septor with 3 brightness settings. I use that a lot too. Only have to change the batteries about once every 18 months.

I also have 2 kerosene lanterns for backup.

Kirk

Enlightened
In my "arsenal", I break down types (examples) into:
1. Single small (3mm or 5mm) LED flashlight (Arc)
2. Multiple LED flashlight (Streamlight Propolymer)
3. Luxeon LED flashlight (Elektrolumens)
4. Incandescent flashlight (Surefire)
5. Combo (incandescent/LED) flashlight (Streamlight Twin-Task
6. Combo (incandescent/fluorescent) flashlight/lantern (Eveready ArcWhite)
7. Combo (LED/fluorescent) flashlight/lantern (Eveready Trailfinder?)
8. Sealed beam flashlight (Roflans "Navy" lantern)
9. LED lantern (Eveready)
10. Incandescent lantern (Northwest Territory)
11. Fluorescent lantern (Coleman cold cathode)
12. Incandescent "candle" (mostly vintage Eveready)
13. Cigar lighter plug-in spotlight (Coleman "3 Million Candlepower")
14. Wet-cell flashlight (Russian "saltwater-battery" light)
15. Wet-cell Nickel-Cadmium flashlight (German Army light)

I think that's all of the different types! If it lights, I collect it! If it lights and it's old, so much the better.
Kirk

matt1987

Newly Enlightened
E2-SG was my First SureFire, i just got my SureFire 6P today. used to own a maglite 4d in RED, i trade it away as there was some problems with it.. i have a Pelican M10.. the bulb is gone, and is it because i bang the lens on sharp metal.. the M10 is still with me, and i EDC E2 before the i buy the 6P.. think i EDC the 6P as it has a LOCK OUT TAIL CAP.. E2 don't have Lock Out Tail Cap..