• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Anyone have a spare 2 or 3 watt resistor?

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering if someone had a spare 2 or 3 watt resistor [of the approximate ohm rating of 2] that they could throw into an envelope for me? Can't seem to locate any around where I live.

If you can, thank you very much! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may not have need for these. IsaacHayes has given me another idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Turns out that I DO need one of these. I hope someone has one they could give me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

idleprocess

Flashaholic
You could just parallel-wire enough 1/4-watt resistors until the power dissipation across each was below 1/4 watt.

I might have some 1-watt or 5-watt resistors around 2 ohms if you can't use parallel resistors for some reason.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Space is an issue. But thanks for the offer. I guess 2 or 3 watt resistors aren't that common for someone to "have a spare of". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Oh well. If I can't find one, then I'll do something else. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

idleprocess

Flashaholic
The resistors I have are the "large block of ceramic" type - which is why I suggested using several smaller ones.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mean the 2 watt resistors are the larger block? Well, I have two resistors set up the way you said, but I was hoping that one 2 watt resistor would be less space taking.

Thanks, idleprocess. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, after searching, I only have 3.3 ohm resistors. I think that's going to be too much for my application. I hooked them up, but the output is too dim for what it is.

Two CR123 and a SYOLW. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Idleprocess. I just resorted to using a 5 watt, 2.2 ohm resistor. Thanks for your replies in this thread. I appreciate it very much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif